JerseyJoe screws up again (editing text in shipping module)

jerseyjoe

sigh . . .

I have a restaurant client. I edited the index.php file in both "Shipping by Price" and "Free Shipping" modules. I went through both files and changed all instances of the word "shipping" to "delivery"

This is what checkout now looks like this

checkout01.gif

Before I did that, the label that now says "shipping" to the left of the box used to read, "Choose Pickup or Shipping"

So, my first problem is, what did I edit that replaced the "Choose" label text?

And the text in the selection box also is slightly changed, although I never knowingly changed it.

Here's a photoshopped sample of what I wanted:

checkout02.gif

Summing, I've messed up and I'm lost as to where and how.

I'm tempted to simply upload a fresh copy of each of those folders from a fresh unzip of the CC download and start again, but given how much I've screwed up already, I do not need to make it worse.

If someone can give me guidance I'd appreciate it. If access to the server would help, PM me.

TIA

I'm guessing you looked at the language files and couldn't find the label text there?

I would think part of your solution is to edit the language file where it says:

$lang['front']['cart'] = array(

'free_shipping' => "Free Shipping",

changing "Free Shipping" to "Pickup".  and in the same section, edit the line that says;

'shipping' => "Shipping:",

and change "Shipping" to "Pickup or Delivery".

Not sure how to get the word Delivery into the drop-down box, though.

I'm confused on something here. In my CC3 installation, there are no index.php file in the shipping module folders. Even in my CC4 installations, the index.php files are simply "Access Denied" messages. The only index.php files I can find to edit are in the admin directory, which I suspect won't do what you're looking for.

Regarding the self-editing text, is it possible your client is also editing files without your awareness?