ERROR - 10001 shipping weight to high

Error: Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This is either because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

I have UPS enabled, however if i take off a couple items which drops the total weight and i can proceed.

Is there something i can change to make this work? or is it to heavy for UPS to quote?

Guest hennaboy

Oh yeah it doesnt....my bad as i dont use it. But i know this is the error code displayed when ive not set the weight / price for my shipping module so id assume its the same.

Id email CC staff ....does the UPS module already have the weights built in to the programming? In which case for the UPS service your attempting to use..ie Ground, Next Day etc...whats the MAX weight UPS allow for that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Astroman

I'm getting this same error:

ERROR - 10001

Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This is either because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

using Royal Mail, I can't see any settings to change - it seems to do this whenever I want to order more than 1 product at a time, can someone give me any clues how to fix it?

Guest hennaboy

So you dont have any items that weigh more than 1KG and your items are in KG not Lbs?

As soon as you have two items that are classed to weigh more than 1KG with that config your going to get that error.

Guest Astroman

I set all my items at a wieght of 1kg to simplify things because it always seemed to mess up when I tried using .025 kg for instance. Do you know how I can fix it, assuming all my products weight 1 kg each?

Guest Astroman

Do you mean the 1:1.50 for instance? Like change it to 2:3.0 or something, would that fix it or do I need to do something else? Can someone please give me an example?

Guest Astroman

I just found this: "You set the ship-by-weight rates as follows:

up_to_this_weight:charge_ amount,up_to_this_weight:charge_ amount,

Example . . . 1:1.29,2:2.45,3:4.67,

Would mean up to one pound charge $1.29, up to 2 pounds charge $2.45, etc."

Does that mean I have to set a price for every single multiple that people may buy, that could take forever? What if they want to buy 37, 68 or 89 items - is there not a way for the system to work it out for me based on how much it costs to ship 1 item, muliplying it by 68 for instance? Surely I don't have to put a price in for every possibility?

If all your items are the same weight you can just use the per item shipping.

If your items all weight differently then how can cubecart work out the weight by you inputing one value ??

The 'by weight' shipping is the total weight at checkout.

So you need to tell it:

If the cart value weighs less than xxx shipping cost = xxx, etc

Your problem is that you do not have a value set high enough for the total cart value (just the individual weight of a product).

There is no calculation that can do the sums for you if the items all weigh differently !! other than using a cart total weight sum.

Guest Astroman

Oh yeah, sorry I just noticed that. The only problem is I can't put different amounts for different countries, which is the same with percentage. It seems the only ones that do the country zones are royal mail and by weight, which are actually identical as far as I can tell. Guess I will have to do it the hard way after all?