Product not found issues

djf

Me again. I expect you're getting as fed up with me as I am with Cubecart 4.

CC v4.2.2 installed and evrything appeared to be running O.K.

Went to store front and selected the included test product, received this error message :

The requested URL /test/test-category/test-product/prod_1.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Put in new product, accepted O.K. but same message except prod_2.html not found.

Both products are displayed in the store front.

David

Only to select it as "ON". I've just found the problem by accident thanks. I needed to create a .htacces file in the Gen Admin section.

I tried searching for product in the forum but it comes up with hundreds of topics most of which didn't have anything relevant in the title, it was only idle curiosity thet led me to read the .htaccess topic.

If any of the authors read these then please note I'm really unimpressed with the installation proceedure for CC4. It might be fine if you're a whizzkid but I don't understand php/programming etc. at all and wading through the forum to find answers takes up an awful lot of time. It's thanks to some members some of my problems have been resolved but they really seem to me to be basic problems that should be included in a more extensive set of installation instructions.

Thanks for your help burgensteen.

David

You're right Ausy if you understand what they're saying. My comments are that as a complete novice it would be easier if there were a doc explaining everything rather than trying it and then searching for a solution when it doesn't work.