Terms & Conditions requirement on Registration

Guest belsizesquare

Guest belsizesquare

Anyone been able to remove the "I have read, agree and understood the terms & conditions" from the Registration page.

Whilst I've been able to edit the reg.tpl file to remove the check box, I haven't been able to figure out the PHP required to remove the requirement to check the box.

Anyone been able to crack this one?

Thanks

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I have posted about this before, and do not think I got any responses.

It is a real issues for me. I have dozens of email here that generally go like " I don't agree to NOTHING buddy, I will take my shopping somewhere else where they do not want a pound of blood before I spend my money..!!" etc.. etc..

No kidding, some people WILL NOT SIGN these things !!!

I have lost many customers because of this simple line that no one can figure out how to get rid of.

Alex,

I think I have finally found a work around to all this. The following method works if you want to convert that text to something more useful. If you want to remove the WHOLE DARN THING then see my post two or three posts down from here where I quote fc2008, he figgured out how to get rid of the "whole she-bang.."

I hard-wired the verbiage "Is All The Above Correct?" in place of the terms and conditions then aligned it right to above the "Submit and continue" Button and commented out the "terms and conditions href.". and it looks OK now and probably servers a purpose to now get the customer to check his inputted data. So maybe we took a negitive and turned it to a good use. See the results at www.california-almonds.com . Ok for you to go there and get to registration page to see how this works.

here is a code smidget from reg.tpl:

<tr>

<td colspan="4" align="right"> Is All The Above Correct? <!--<a href="" target="_blank" class="txtDefault">{LANG_TANDCS}</a> ----> <input type="checkbox" name="tandc" value="checkbox" /></td>

</tr>

<tr

Hope this helps -Dan

the following is from Member fc2008 // he posted this over at Cube Cart.org

I have tested this and it WORKS !

heya, I will be able to help you with this - are you talking about the terms and conditions in the registration?

Goto:

skins/[yourchosenskin]/styleTemplates/content/reg.tpl

on about line 133, you will see:

<tr>

<td colspan="4" align="center">{LANG_PLEASE_READ} <a href="{LINK_TANDCS}" title="{LANG_TANDOCS}" target="_blank" class="txtLink">{LANG_TANDCS}</a> <input type="checkbox" name="tandc" value="checkbox" /></td>

</tr>

This will remove the checkbox, and the words telling you to read them. Remove this, or make it into a comment if you want to go back to it

e.g for making it a comment...

<!-----<tr>

<td colspan="4" align="center">{LANG_PLEASE_READ} <a href="{LINK_TANDCS}" title="{LANG_TANDOCS}" target="_blank" class="txtLink">{LANG_TANDCS}</a> <input type="checkbox" name="tandc" value="checkbox" /></td>

</tr>----->

otherwise remove it if you dont think you'll go back to it

and to ensure that there are no errors when the user clicks submit to register...

Goto:

/includes/content/reg.inc.php

find:

CODE

else if(!isset($_POST['tandc'])) {

$errorMsg = $lang['reg']['tandc'];

}

then remove it OR put it as a comment

Like this:

CODE

//{else if(!isset($_POST['tandc'])) {

// $errorMsg = $lang['reg']['tandc'];

Everything should work now, if not give me a message over at CC.org

Regards,

fc2008

• 8 months later...
Guest Kirk J

FYI, in case you don't have a search option on your editor and your eyes aren't working - the code below is around Line 89.

Goto:

/includes/content/reg.inc.php

find:

CODE

else if(!isset($_POST['tandc'])) {

$errorMsg = $lang['reg']['tandc'];

}

then remove it OR put it as a comment

Like this:

CODE

//{else if(!isset($_POST['tandc'])) {

// $errorMsg = $lang['reg']['tandc'];