Don't display an 'Out of Stock' as a 'Featured Item&#3

Guest acjc

I know there's an option in the admin panel to include or exclude an item from the 'Latest Items' section, but is there a way to keep out-of-stock items from showing up in the 'Featured Items' sidebar? It seems like common sense to me that an out-of-stock item should be automatically removed from the list that the 'Featured Items' function randomly pulls from, but maybe I'm crazy.

Cant realy be done (practicaly) as what about if you dont use stock levels or some items have stock levels and some dont in the same store ?? the db would fill the stock_level field in as 0 if not using stock levels so there is no where to pull the data from in the where clause.

Thats why I put practicaly in the brackets. All I meant was that its not just a query alteration or a condition change.

The store would need modding as you would only be able to show prods that have a stock value, so any stock with 'use stock levels' set to no would not be show. An extra field would be needed in the DB to define the criteria.

Anything can be done if you put your mind to it Jon.

Try and get my missus to stop buying cushions (ARGGHHHH!!!) we have millions of scatter cushions..but she keeps buying more... :wacko: