Paypal parse error

Guest LinkHunter

Guest LinkHunter

I did a fresh install of 3.1.8 and everything works perfect except that I configured the Paypal gateway to the Standard/IPN and when a customer is trying to checkout it goes to this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/mysite/public_html/modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php on line 119

I see the problem but am unsure as to what to do to fix it.

Help anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Guest LinkHunter

please do a search before posting. The solution has been posted several times - there is a small typo in the php.

Sorry!!

I tried searching actually and couldn't find it but I just uploaded the file from a previous version and it works just fine now.

I love this script!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ScienceFare

I'm having the same issue, and searching for the fix as suggested, returns more of your posts stating that the fix was posted many times, and to please search for it.

Rather than sending folks in an endless loop looking for the answer, why don't you simply provide it??????

Many thanks...

-ScienceFare

Guest ScienceFare

For those interested in the fix, and are tired of the endless loop of searching for the answer only to keep returning to countless posts that advise you to search for the answer, here it is:

Although line #119 is reported as having the error, it actually occurs in the line before. Line #118 has a small typo.

Here is the incorrect line #118:

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />";

Here is the correct line #118:

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />;

I hope that this helps someone.

• 2 months later...
Guest SwishEmporium

For those interested in the fix, and are tired of the endless loop of searching for the answer only to keep returning to countless posts that advise you to search for the answer, here it is:

Although line #119 is reported as having the error, it actually occurs in the line before. Line #118 has a small typo.

Here is the incorrect line #118:

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />";

Here is the correct line #118:

<input type='hidden' name='upload' value='1' />;

I hope that this helps someone.

This certainly did help me, thankyou so much for pointing out the error code.

• 1 month later...
Guest autojonny

my error is on line 143

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/auto/public_html/shop/modules/gateway/ExpressCheckout/transfer.inc.php on line 143

ive had a look but cant seem to fix it, can anyone help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest 2001web

Still have an issue with this repaired the error but now cart order number is not being transferred to paypal

At top of paypal page it reads as follows

Cart Order No: <

• 2 weeks later...

Still have an issue with this repaired the error but now cart order number is not being transferred to paypal

At top of paypal page it reads as follows

Cart Order No: <

same here.

having this cart order no. error.

Guest 2001web

thank you very much!

i fixed the problem already.

hwever, the previous order with the "<" not able to delete it. ;)

If you have access to your hosting control panel, use something like php myadmin to look up the order in the orders table you should be able to remove it from there, the order NOT the table hehe.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ballesdegolf.fr

To ask a silly question. Where do I find this file so I can fix it???

Thanks alot,

Beth

Hi Beth

Are you currently having this problem? If not don't go playing with your code unless you need to!

Otherwise look here:

yoursiteURL.com/public_html/modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php

You will need to download the file via ftp, edit the file as noted in the previous post, and then upload over the existing file via ftp. I suggest that you keep a copy of the original on your server by renaming it to BACKUPtransfer.inc.php BEFORE you upload the new version.

As always make regular backups of you store generally - but ALWAYS before messing with your code!

Hope this helps

Jim