Language File Error

Guest abeW

Hi All,

I am having a problem updating the language files. I have been trying to change and add a few entries within the session.inc.php file for both English and Spanish. The problem is whenever I make a change using a text editor and upload it via FTP it does not get reflected in the actual site. When I make changes on the language section of the Cube Cart admin panel the changes seem to work fine, but from that admin panel you can't add any words.

Can anyone attempt to explain why the edits I am making via text editor are not working? Or, how I can add words via the admin panel?

thanks

abe

Hi

Language files can be edited from your admin panel.

Select languages from the sidebar menu then choose your language, you can now edit any of the files you need to.

Hope that helps.

Edit Language File is a complete failure in my store. No matter which item I select for editing, I get error messages like this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: substr_compare() in /home/mysite/public_html/cubecart/admin/sources/filemanager/language.inc.php on line 148

Edit Language File is a complete failure in my store. No matter which item I select for editing, I get error messages like this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: substr_compare() in /home/mysite/public_html/cubecart/admin/sources/filemanager/language.inc.php on line 148

You may need to reupload your Admin directory. It appears that something may be corrupted. When you manually edit the language file, the previous changes may be cached in your browser and may not show up right away. I would suggest clearing out temporary internet files, deleting cookies, and history. Close your window, reopen and see if your change has been made.