Shipping by Weight Option Leaves Blank (free) Glitch!

Guest frontlinesupplies

Guest frontlinesupplies

Hi there,

We have set all our shipping prices by weight and then turned on the free shipping option for orders over £250.00

What we have found is upon check-out once the user has filled the basket and then logged in / registered to be able to check out when they get presented with shipping options you see a drop down box. The default item in the box appears blank and when you click on it you get the real shipping price. If you do not choose this price it defaults to the free shipping option and therefore customer pays no shipping!

Does anyone know a fix for this, it would seem to be a bit of a bug when running these options?

Cheers,

Ryan

Guest frontlinesupplies

Are you sure this is for V3.

V3 doesnt have a free ship over value ?? it only has a free ship for anything.

Version: 3.0.17

See attachment - it's an option. Also we have found if you select more than one item you also get free shipping option. Nothing is configured to do this!?!?

Are you sure this is for V3.

V3 doesnt have a free ship over value ?? it only has a free ship for anything.

Version: 3.0.17

See attachment - it's an option. Also we have found if you select more than one item you also get free shipping option. Nothing is configured to do this!?!?

Ooh, actually I have had a thought.... am I being thick and because I think 250 = 250 pounds is it really 250 pence?!

Guest frontlinesupplies

Nope I have now changed the value from 250 to 250.00 and tried 25000 and it still offers free shipping to customers. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Guest frontlinesupplies

Is this not because you have two seperate modules enabled. The by price will be over 250 but the by weight is a seperate module that will show no matter what any other module is enabled for.

Oh, that is not very good is it! surely it is commonplace to have different shipping prices either dependent on product or weight for example and then if the order qualifies for over X value (in our case £250) we want to give free shipping.

I dont see how you can therefore enable 2 variables within the software if they have no intention of working.

This looks like an oversight in the programming functionality?

Are there any fixes or mods apart from only ever use 1 option?

Thanks

Ryan

Guest frontlinesupplies

Is this not because you have two seperate modules enabled. The by price will be over 250 but the by weight is a seperate module that will show no matter what any other module is enabled for.

Oh, that is not very good is it! surely it is commonplace to have different shipping prices either dependent on product or weight for example and then if the order qualifies for over X value (in our case £250) we want to give free shipping.

I dont see how you can therefore enable 2 variables within the software if they have no intention of working.

This looks like an oversight in the programming functionality?

Are there any fixes or mods apart from only ever use 1 option?

Thanks

Ryan

Hi does anyone have any answers on this please? We are in danger of giving shipping away because we want to offer it free over £250 but otherwise note but the system does not seem to work properly?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...