Manually adding customer orders

Guest jazzydan58

Guest jazzydan58

Can someone please spare me a few minutes on how to add a customer order manually in admin?

If i go in to orders and click add order and fill out the fields to I need to click "add order" after every section that I fill in or do I just need to click add order once at the bottom of the page once I have filled all of the details in ?

It doesnt seem to matter what I do when i click on "add order" the address and name that I have filled in the first box disapears! I have even tried adding the customer details first in the "add customer" then slecting that customer from the drop down box in the "add order" page but that doesnt work either!

What am I doing wrong?

To use the add order in admin the customer has to already be in the database. So you have to add the customer first. Once you do this you can select the customer from the drop down top right and if you use firefox it automaticly adds the customers details, if using IE it doesn't (bug).

• 4 weeks later...

To use the add order in admin the customer has to already be in the database. So you have to add the customer first. Once you do this you can select the customer from the drop down top right and if you use firefox it automaticly adds the customers details, if using IE it doesn't (bug).

It would be great if they could do the same thing with a drop down menu for items. Its a pain in the #&# adding items and then having to manually go in and find the item and reduce the inventory level. Hopefully someone writes a mod for this or its fixed in a future update.

Marv Sobolesky

• 2 months later...

Once you do this you can select the customer from the drop down top right and if you use firefox it automaticly adds the customers details, if using IE it doesn't (bug).

Does anyone know if this is fixed in 4.3.0? I've checked the file differences and there's no mention of the orderBuilder page. Are there any plans to fix this in other browsers?

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

the 4.3.5 ver. doesn't have the drop down anymore. Is that normal ?? How do I do it now ?

the 4.3.5 ver. doesn't have the drop down anymore. Is that normal ?? How do I do it now ?

The customer drop down option is disabled if you have 500 or more customers as it is too slow pre-loading all of the information into the browser. There is a solution over at http://www.cubecartforums.org though that solves all of the problems mentioned in this thread

Ian