Manually create a top ten products listing on the homepage

Guest m00min

Is there any way to do this? I can see in the admin I can allow a product to be displayed in Latest Products but I'm concerned as to whether they cease to be 'latest' at some point. Ideally a checkbox in the product admin page is what I'm after.

--

m00

Is there any way to do this? I can see in the admin I can allow a product to be displayed in Latest Products but I'm concerned as to whether they cease to be 'latest' at some point. Ideally a checkbox in the product admin page is what I'm after.

Latest products are built up from the latest products you add. When you add a product, you have the option to include it on Home Page. In your admin panel under General settings, you can list how many latest products to display. In this case only the latest products should show.

If you want to manually input this, then you would have to manually edit the includes file under your skins directory. The only way I can think of is just inputting everything in there as html such as a table and thumbnails then linking everything correctly. But whats the point? That would be too big of a hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not add a flag in the database table, then control your featured products with that. If the flag is set, the product appears. If it's not, then it's not picked up in the query.