Paypal Express Returns user to Checkout page

Guest candymac

Guest Tetsugaku-San

We are a small company with a vast user base and we just don't have the time or resources to actively participate on these forums. We have over a million CubeCart stores mainly using the free version. For this reasons if you have a support inquiry you will need to purchase support time. We simply can't have an open support system for those using the free version to contact us with or for our customers who have paid for CubeCart to send tickets after their support time has expired. We can't have a product with a one time fee with unlimited support time. It's not possible.

Are you seriously telling me that there is anything in your company more important than your customer services? Because it looks like your saying you can't be bothered to find the time or resources to help your paying customers, and you are adamant that keeping support issues private and in the dark is the best way to go.

Have you considered alternatives to your problem? http://getsatisfaction.com/devellion (because it loks like some of your customers have) is a great service for putting users in touch with product makers, maybe you should sign CC up - customers could air issues in public and we could all see when the company had responded and fixed a problem.

I am sure you find that this is only fair and reasonable.

No, frankly I do not, an I don't think your customers here do either.

I do however want to keep using CC as I have made a significant investment of my time in figuring out how it works. I even quite like CC, I just don't like this problem (and it *IS* a problem, whatever you say PayPal says) and I don't like being fobbed off and told there is no problem where I can quite definitely see one.

Cheers for your time.

Are you seriously telling me that there is anything in your company more important than your customer services?

Of course not and if you read many of our genuine testimonials you will see praise about our support service. I am merely saying that this is not an official support channel. This is explained on the following page of our site:

http://cubecart.com/tech-support/ see point number 2.

Because it looks like your saying you can't be bothered to find the time or resources to help your paying customers, and you are adamant that keeping support issues private and in the dark is the best way to go.

Of course not however if your support time has expired and you need more support you have to pay for it. Period. Can you expect us to provide a one time payment product with unlimited support? Can you expect us to spend time providing free official suport here, neglecting those who have paid for it? Of course not.

You have paid for the product yes and we are very appreciative of your custom but you have decided not to pay for the support service any more. That's your choice. It is clear when you purchase the product the amount of official support time it comes with.

I don't see how this is unreasonable and nor do the majority of other CubeCart users. Other commercial software forums are the same for the same reasons.

If you are trialling the software and have a technical support question it will be forwarded to the support team. Do you think I would spend such time and depth replying if we didn't feel passionately about this. I am sorry if you don't find this good enough but it is the way it is staying. If you look at my status you will see that I have made nearly 4000 forum posts so we do venture here when we can.

If you really are not happy with our service then there are a great deal of other ecommerce solutions you can look into using. Maybe you should choose a pay monthly one so that you have on going support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest huski

It seems like cubecart staff don't look at these forums,

I guess each one o us should repoort it as a bug. OR rport it someway that they can find a way on how to simplyfy this for the customer.

As i'm also currently loosing 50% of customers..

Is there away of disabling cubecart button, or alternative button, but still use the paypal pro credit card transactions..

I did two things to achieve this:

1. I changed to paypal direct payment which removes "Paypal" from the page where you choose your payment processor.

2. I removed the alternate checkout code from the cart.php template file so that the user won't see it when they are preparing to check out. It works really smooth now. You can see it at http://restrictedknowledge.com if you like.

within the paypal direct payment settings, should 'Enable Card Validation:' be enabled?

Does it mean enable the card validation as in some extra request for something from the customer? or does it mean you need this enabled for paypal to allow credit cards to be used? Thanks for suggestions on this.

• 4 weeks later...