Revamped Store

Guest SwishEmporium

Guest Brivtech

I would consider increasing the fade of the background inside the white boxes. I find it a little too distracting otherwise.

Also, the Paypal logo is a bit stretched out. Can you correct that?

Guest SwishEmporium

Thanks Britech, I have had a chance to fix the paypal logo, is it a little better??

Will work on the fading during the day.

If there is anything else you have noticed please let me know.

I would take out the "Home Decor Life Style" tagline graphic. It pushes all the important stuff down too low making you scroll a lot. The top 1/3 of your site should be considered prime real estate so be sure all important info, links, etc is located there. Also that tag line being a graphic does nothing for you - I would change it to a catchy tag line in text under your logo. Text is read by search engines - graphics aren't.

Also not finding ways to contact you other than a contact form. Most customers want a phone number or at least instant chat or someway to contact before they buy. No mention of where you are located that I can see either - an address helps boost confidence in a store, even if it is just a po box. I know you have an au domain so are in Australia, but remember the internet is global and a lot of people wouldn't pay attention to that.

Don't see any reason to repeat your logo on the welcome text page either. I'd put contact info or payment methods there instead. Again, prime real estate needs the most important information - how to contact, how to buy are 2 examples of prime info.

Everything on sale makes it look tacky imo. I think you meant "regular price" "our price" type of thing rather than sale price, but I'd change the formatting and the wording to reflect that and take out the "sale items" link from the navigation. You don't have to discount everything to make people buy - this is a mistake a lot of new sellers make thinking they have to be competitive. There are a lot of factors other than price that makes someone buy from you instead of the other guy. Be sure you don't discount yourself right out of a decent living.

Guest SwishEmporium

Thanks so much Mysty, a great detailed critique, exactly what I was after. Hopefully I have taken what you have said and applied it, so please take a look when you have time.

I am still having trouble with the skin not adjusting to varying resolutions, still researching.

Much better and I like the color scheme better too (personally I'm not fond of gray).

Still no "text" in your header though - I'd still add a text tag line there. A search engine will pick up "Shop by category...." instead of anything meaningful that might make someone click to check you out. Especially important since "Swish Emporium" really doesn't say much about what the store is about.

I see you added live help but I wouldn't really hide it at the bottom.

It's always a matter of trial and error though - I don't think a website is every "finished". :sourcerer:

• 1 month later...

This is a really nice site, I love the colours they are very soothing and elegant. I also love the scrolling items in the page banner.

The only issue I have is the colour that the text changes to when moving over a link, it is so pale and really difficult to see as it nearly matches the background colour.

I would try to go for a colour that contrasts well so as to increase the visual difference between the BG and font.

Nice, but I have to say get rid of the scrolling latest products. I visit the site, scroll down and I see a great big white space... natually my mouse is in the middle of the page as I'm using a wheel mouse to scroll.... but this stops the latest products from scrolling... the latest products white space would never fill if I didn't realise that the scrolling is dependent on the mouse not being there.

In IE 6 the session boxes is position over the edge of the header area... the line/border is right through the login/register text. It does look like there are a few cross browser issues, well with IE6 anyway.

Also, it looks like the site is 105% width... there is always a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page in IE and Firefox.

I do like the general design though, good work :dizzy:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest osu9400

Looks great (really great) but I don't like the featured products that crawl in from the side. It seems you would want those products in your customers face a lot faster.