Are Adobe ripping us off?

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

Another important consideration for Adobe is that the EU population is almost 500 million as against the USA of almost 300 million. Admittedly the the EU we have quite a number of different languages.

Yes, but like the USA, in England, we speak English, and the extremely minor variations between the dialects don't justify doubling the cost and taking 2 thirds of the code away.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the adobe prices crazy. I don't mind paying about 100 pounds for new software but when it gets into 300 or 400 it's just too much. Too many people end up copying the software when they would be happy to buy new if it was a cheaper price.

I wanted a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements and it was about $100 USD on the Net and in stores. My daughter, who is attending the University of Washington, bought it for me in the student store for $49.95.

If there is such a big difference in both price and functionality between the UK and US versions of Dreamweaver, you must know someone here who would be willing to purchase it and send it to you. :D

• 1 month later...

Well we just purchased Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium (Mac) as we are working on new CubeCart designs over the next couple of months. It was £523.25 just for the upgrade. :) Lucky we had Macromedia Studio 8 to upgrade from or it would have cost £1374.25.

You people are in for a treat.....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Brett Mc

It is annoying that generally everything in the US is cheaper than UK. You can get a retail UK version for just over £300 if you search round.

I could be wrong here, but the last time I was in the UK (lived in Leeds for 3 years), Dr. Martin's were also about half the price there, then they are here. And don't get me started on salt and vinegar Disco's. I can find them anywhere in the US.

salt and vinegar Disco's
They rock ;)

Us Brits love to moan and complain but as the GBP has become significantly weaker you'd think they prices would start to level a bit. We do get ripped off in the UK everything is frighteningly expensive. I bought a pint of Peroni Lager the other day and almost had a heart attack then they asked for £5 for it!! At least fuel prices are dropping a bit.

*moan moan grumble grumble*

Guest Brett Mc

salt and vinegar Disco's
They rock ;)

Us Brits love to moan and complain but as the GBP has become significantly weaker you'd think they prices would start to level a bit. We do get ripped off in the UK everything is frighteningly expensive. I bought a pint of Peroni Lager the other day and almost had a heart attack then they asked for £5 for it!! At least fuel prices are dropping a bit.

*moan moan grumble grumble*

Yea I do remember it being really expensive to buy the luxurious items there. I sold a Sega Genesis (yes it's been that long) for 250 pounds (funny enough I won it in a contest and met Bobby Charlton at Old Trafford). But, I think food prices seem to be in line for the most part (probably wrong on that), at least Disco's. Man, do I miss England's food. I haven't had a Yorkshire pudding in like 10 years. Have always thought about moving back (I am a dual citizen in the US, England and Ireland).

Hey Al. It looks like your the expert here. I was wondering if you could take 5 minutes of your time and help me out with question on a post. It would really help me out, man. CLICK HERE

Guest Brett Mc

Our involvement on the forums is slim. If you have any sales questions please feel free to submit a sales ticket. ;) Infact most of your questions are answered on our the features section of our site. If we had features like chat integrated we would show it there.

Thanks Al. I'll give it a read through and if I can't find what I am looking for I will email sales. At least I got an answer. The people at Zen Cart seem to ignore it. Thanks