What would you do?

I paid a member of this forum to help me with a payment gateway... and after weeks of dealing with this and not receiving my files the person is now not replying to my emails.

I don't want to expose this person yet... but will if they don't either refund my money or give me my files. :(

I wanted to ask the community here, "what would you do if you were in my shoes?"

I think posting this is a good start!

As a mod developer, I must say that these jobs can easily stretch out for much longer than you originally anticipate. However, there is no excuse for not keeping you up-to-date with such matters, especially if you are both active members of this forum also.

Personally, I would not expect (or accept) up front payments for a mod in normal circumstances.

Have you tried contacting by email (and pm)?

Yes.

I have been trying to get this gateway for five weeks.

I was told to send the files and they would help me out.

I sent them ... waited and nothing was ever sent back.

Later after asking a few more times, I was told that I would have to pay.

I didn't mind paying, as I thought it would speed things along.

After paying I got nothing.

A week went by and many emails where sent out from me.

Long story short, I paid, sent the files they requested...

then after a weeks or so I received a email with some basic code pasted in it...

(telling me how to do it myself.)

Which is not what I paid for, or why I sent my files to this person.

I stated that that wasn't what I thought I was paying for and they stated that they were going to send the files and to give them a few minutes...

Their last email came a week ago today (last friday).

This past Monday I sent a email asking for either a refund or my files.

And I have not heard back from them yet...

I have sent more emails since asking for a reply... and still nothing.

So now I am posting here to see what the common response is from my fellow community members.

Hi,

Sorry to hear you have had this happen to you. I would just like to say to all those who are new to this site that I have paid for several mods from members of this forum and never had any problems, in the vast majority of cases I have actually received service over and above what i paid for.

Whilst this is an unfortunate circumstance I would hope that this would not put any of you off using the members of this forum when you need help.

And if the guy who got paid is reading this - that's a bit sleazy - whatever the problem is can normally be resolved by actually talking to each other, not hiding from your email.

Whilst this is an unfortunate circumstance I would hope that this would not put any of you off using the members of this forum when you need help.

I agree...

I do business on forums all the time. And I would hope that this thread doesn't keep anyone from trying to do business with others. I myself work as a graphic artist for people all the time and believe in helpping out as much as possible.

I just wanted to hear from fellow members of this forum about how as a community we handle items like this.

I know some forums handle things differently than others. :)

I am new here and must say i will keep doing business here. just cuz 1 person is not trust worthy does not mean everyone else is...

Dude if you are reading this you need to make things right before you get a really bad name here..

I'd be very surpsied if this late/non delivery was particulalry deliberate.

Maybe his email is down.

Maybe one of you has lost email as spam.

Have you tried PM'ing them here or emailing using a different email address?

Perhaps he's just got too busy and/or is now rather embarassed to sort it out.

I'm sure you will get your mod!

It woudln't be worth ripping someone off for a few dollars. Reputation is everything.

But remmeber people are only human! They could be ill, had a breeavent, be away on a conference. Anything....

I agree five weeks is alarmingly a long time, but i'm sure it's not deliberate.

AYK the problem with electronic communication is people assume people received it, have read and understood it and have time to do something about it.

And they may even replied and the problem be at your end or with a spam filter.

Perhaps he's just got too busy and/or is now rather embarassed to sort it out.

i doubt that.

But it is rather sad, that this person would do this. If you took on something that's more than you can handle admit it and give that person a refund. Don't pretend to know what your doing. If your having trouble ask for help.

Hope you get this sorted out though.

Btw wasn't there a paymenow mod floating around?

Hi,

Dont know if anyone else has experience any problems this week with their email but one of my suppliers has been replying to my emails all week and none of them have come through to me. As I know how good she normally is I gave her another chance and she rang me this morning to say she has replied to every one - I just haven't had them. If this has happened to anyone else this could be a possible answer - you may find he has been tryong to contact you after all.

But it is rather sad, that this person would do this. If you took on something that's more than you can handle admit it and give that person a refund. Don't pretend to know what your doing. If your having trouble ask for help.

same opinion here, sad story

I recieved emails from some buyers with +/- the same story. I must say forummember Touchstone is a gentleman since he is not naming names.Knowing myself, if I was in his shoes I would, since it pisses me off when people not keep thier promises.

peace ,

Stijn

And im looking for somebody to do sort a gateway out for me aswell. Is this person going to be named? stop other people doing buisness with them until/if they give a good enough answer?

Oh and if you think you could do this gateway for me, name your price in a PM.

I decided to try and use the cut and paste info the person sent me.

(even though I paid for completed mods)

so now I think I may get it working but I am having problems with:

Building order and transferring to checkout...

and since this is a bit off-topic, I started a new thread found here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=3607

so if anyone knows anything about these gateways or what I am doing wrong please go to that thread and post any help you can give.

thanks.

well... I guess is all as well now.

I seem to have figured it out on my own.

I had to bug hunt the code I received, but it seems to be fine now.

Too bad it had to go this route, but it's all good now.

Glad to hear you got it working. I'm rather disappointed this had to happen.

I know for a fact that the individual in question read this thread. Why they didn't respond is beyond me.

For those looking to have custom gateways check this thread.

I've worked with this guy and he stands behind is work. Almost forgot, he actually knows php.

Guest OSKicks

OK I AM HERE for all you people out there reading this, i am the one that did this mod, ok i am sorry if i told you 5 files man, but it takes 1 file to get a gateway to work, i sent you an email 2 hours after i sent you the code with you a file to upload, i commented the whole code, the poart whgere it says <<may ghave to write own scirpt for server backend>>> thats an IPN configuration, i can't do that well i can but its not necessary to get it to work, no need to worry how ever i am making an upgrade to that mod which is basically a better look for it its own seperate page to enter cc values, instead of using secure.php I WILL SEnd it to you. You kinbda made it sound like i robbed you, that payment gateway is BY FAR the hardest to make it 3 times as long as PAYPAL's code and has many feautres that can be added easily, i am not sure if you are or not but that has to be on an SSL server, but yea i can see ti works you can edit the HTML in secure.php to suite your needs easy as 1-2-3 , i prefer if you don't give the code out i was going to ZEN encode it but i didn't casue i thought you might want to edit it, that took me about 4 hours, somehting like paypal woul;d take 20 mins, but yea best of luck, ---------------Josh ------OskMedia

The Facts:

I waited about 6 weeks for this.

I started the payment process the day you asked for it.

(which took a few days because of slow replies about where to pay and why the cart wasn't working.)

I never recieved any files back from you.

I sent you 2 files and one of those I had to send twice.

I never said who I was working with as I was still giving you the benifit of the doubt.

You outted yourself with your reply.

I never share files that other people do for me.

(other than giving it as a backup to my client)

I had to replace more things than what you noted.

I had to fix typos in lettercase of words to get it working.

I consider that bug hunting when what I receive doesn't work and I have to hunt to figure out why.

I paid for files that never came to me.

(I don't need anything else sent to me at this point either)

I'm not mad at you and don't even need a refund, as the end result still works even though it was not a good overall transaction.

As far as sending the files 20 mins after I asked again, you would think you would know I didn't get them when the next moday I send you a demand letter... and then another letter two days later.

My email works fine... and is not the problem.

I paid for complete files... I got a copy and paste from your secure.php with the account # removed. It still had your other info in the code.

I'm sorry you feel that this was a perfect transaction on your part... but it wasn't.

More communication and quicker turn around time would have been more ideal.

I thank you for your time, but I give the overall rating to this a 5/10.

I consider this matter closed.

Guest OSKicks

ok 1 thing it WORKS, 2 you must be confused on some things, next thing i waited 3 days for PAYMENT to clear, next NO 1 let me re phrase that NO 1 , NO 1 has made this mod you would have been SOL with out me, "my store is useless with out this" , yea and 30.00 for a thing like that, its 3 times logner than any other code payment gateway talking MANY hours paymenow is VERY complicated (.cgi etc) i left all my code there to help you i hope next time you buy a mod from someone they don't comment it for you, i thought i did good by showing you, p.s. you emailed me an add item.php and a secure.php ( :whistle: ) yea well ne ways 5/10 frankly i don't care , cause all i gotta say is remember whne i said i was making an UPDATE paymenow is changing all their stuff, they are using a different system, so yea i was going to send you an update, but sicne you have made me sound like a fool and a thief goto www.scritplance.com i see a project for an oscommerce one on there going for around 150 he will prolly do a cubecart for 100 good luck enjoy the paymenow for another 2 weeks, :w00t: Josh

----PPL only hurt themselves-------