Missing Items in Order

jsgypsy

Earlier a customer placed an order but no payment was made. I went in to view the items that were ordered but found that there was a row with all fields blank. All other fields of the order seemed fine, and it even showed the subtotal/total. I cancelled the order thinking that it might cause problems if the customer decided to come back later to pay, and I notified the customer of such.

I have just seen though that the customer has come back and placed another order, this time making the payment too.

So again I went in to view the order only to again find the row is blank.

I have emailed the customer to find out what they ordered, but are there any ideas as to why this has happened?

Clipboard01.jpg

Guest Brivtech

There's a few issues posted in the bug report section that document what's probably happening with you, for instance: http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=1178

There's also a suggestion I posted on how to help your customers out a bit here.

In summary, if customers don't complete the checkout process properly, the order is placed into admin, however, may be incomplete. Usually the sign of this is when no payment method is apparent when you're viewing the order as an admin. I'm guessing that you having a blank line in the order could be something to do with this. It may be a good idea to contribute to the bug tracker to help make the developers aware of any other issues that may not have been obvious before.

Development is under way on improving the checkout system process for a future release, but at least for now, you have an explanation, and a temporary solution.