Affiliate tracking self contained in cart?

I have a client who wants something I've not done before.

Essentially he wants the ability for people to enter an 'affiliate code' during checkout, so that they can setup 'real world' affiliates instead of pay-per-click or click-through style affiliate tracking. I've looked through the main affiliate options I see for cubecart and it seems most are setup for primarily the latter (affiliates to help advertise your site and generate click throughs from their originating site).

In addition to the 'affiliate' having their own 'page' on the main site (where I COULD use some sort of affiliate tracking link I think), my client wants a 'code' to be available so that affiliates can just give that to people on a sheet of paper, to be entered manually during checkout. So I don't see a way to do the affiliate 'code' portion during checkout with any of the 4 affilaite programs supported in cubecart4.

Anyone have any info to clarify something I'm missing or other ideas?

CubeCart supports the use of coupon codes, and while this isn't directly tied to the affiliate tracking system, it can be used to identify which affiliate is responsible for driving the sale to the site.

At the moment, registering the sale in your preferred affiliate software would be a manual process when using coupon codes. If you'd like to find someone who can create a 'mod' to make it automatic, check over at the mod forums - www.CubeCartForums.org.

One thing to keep in mind is that while CubeCart supports affiliate tracking, the actual affiliate management is handled by separate scripts or services.

One thing to keep in mind is that while CubeCart supports affiliate tracking, the actual affiliate management is handled by separate scripts or services.

Right that's why I am posting my question. It doesn't seem (from a few days digging around on the sites for the 4 major CC4 affiliates) as if this is something that will happen easily out of the box.

Another option, which is something I do for many of the affiliate program I promote, is to set up special URLs that redirect through an affiliate link so normal affiliate tracking can work.

The way this works is that you set up a URL such as www.yoursite.com/affiliateA and in the subfolder 'affiliateA', you place an index.php file with the following:

<?php

header("Location: http://www.yoursite.com/affiliatetracking/affiatetrackingcode.php?affiliate=affiliateA");

?>

This way, your offline affiliate only have to direct a customer to www.yoursite.com/affiliateA and the normal tracking systems can do their thing.

You could also set this up so the customer types in affiliateA.yoursite.com (affiliate code as a subdomain) and get the same result.

Otherwise, you're left with creating coupon codes, giving those customers discounts, and then crediting your affiliates with the sale either manually or with a custom mod.

Yes that seems logical. It's probably going to have to be both cases but I think my client would prefer something that integrated the coupon codes with affiliate tracking. Haven't gotten much of a response over at cubecart forums yet, if nothing exists I guess I'll make a post asking for someone to create the mod for me. I appreciate your time...

For anyone one else that happens to read this, it sounds like what I'm looking for is a mod to integrate coupon codes to affiliate tracking, in such a way that the coupon codes can be used as the source of calculating affiliate payouts...

• 2 weeks later...

The client wants things to work as automatically as possible (ie, not having to credit each sale manually) as her office is already dedicated to caring for their current patient load. So being able to implement this seems like a big part of what will drive the affiliate program selection as well. It would be good get an affiliate program selected this week and I'm not having a lot of luck finding anyone to help create a mod to do this.

Ie, having to change affiliate programs in 3 weeks to get a mod work isn't ideal...

The difficulty in your situation is that your client is insisting on a scenario that is not standard -- the use of coupon codes to track affiliate sales.

While manually creating transaction records in the affiliate software for each affiliate sale may SOUND like a lot of work, the bottom line is that it only comes up as often as affiliate sales do, and the work involved is minimal. If your client's affiliates refer 100 sales a day, then the extra sales can pay for someone's time to do the manual entry, which will amount to about 2 hours to process the affiliate credit for the 100 sales.

To give you a more realistic picture, I have 102 affiliates. Only 4-6 of them generate sales on a regular basis. This results in about 1-2 affiliate sales per day, unless I'm running a special promotion. Manually creating a transaction in my affiliate software (Post Affiliate Pro) takes less than a minute for each transaction.

• 5 months later...

The difficulty in your situation is that your client is insisting on a scenario that is not standard -- the use of coupon codes to track affiliate sales.

While manually creating transaction records in the affiliate software for each affiliate sale may SOUND like a lot of work, the bottom line is that it only comes up as often as affiliate sales do, and the work involved is minimal. If your client's affiliates refer 100 sales a day, then the extra sales can pay for someone's time to do the manual entry, which will amount to about 2 hours to process the affiliate credit for the 100 sales.

To give you a more realistic picture, I have 102 affiliates. Only 4-6 of them generate sales on a regular basis. This results in about 1-2 affiliate sales per day, unless I'm running a special promotion. Manually creating a transaction in my affiliate software (Post Affiliate Pro) takes less than a minute for each transaction.

:)

Email Marketing: This is a form of direct marketing that uses email as its means of communication. E-mail marketing is sometimes used in certain situations as a tool affiliate promotion. To be sure that they don't spam their customers genuine affiliates use opt-in-email marketing. This gives the customer the choice to either consent or dissent to receive marketing emails.

:)

Email Marketing: This is a form of direct marketing that uses email as its means of communication. E-mail marketing is sometimes used in certain situations as a tool affiliate promotion. To be sure that they don't spam their customers genuine affiliates use opt-in-email marketing. This gives the customer the choice to either consent or dissent to receive marketing emails.

Online Marketing Promotions with Money Affiliates

You may have seen the promos online seeking money affiliates for internet marketing services. If you have ever wondered about money affiliates and what they do, read on for more information. Internet affiliate marketing has become the latest online craze for putting the internet to work for you. Money affiliates need no special skills but the motivation to do a bit of legwork, a computer with internet access, and a web site or blog page. By using your web pages to post advertising for your sponsors, you can earn huge amounts of cash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest housefull

The client wants things to work as automatically as possible (ie, not having to credit each sale manually) as her office is already dedicated to caring for their current patient load. So being able to implement this seems like a big part of what will drive the affiliate program selection as well. It would be good get an affiliate program selected this week and I'm not having a lot of luck finding anyone to help create a mod to do this.

Ie, having to change affiliate programs in 3 weeks to get a mod work isn't ideal...