How can i improve my website!!!

Hi Louise,

I think the following would be a good place to begin:

I totally recommend you have a customized layout made for you but if you want to keep closer to the original look of the out-of-the-box cubecart with mods I suggest the following:

• Choose a color pallette.
    Your site is currently monotone.
  • Spruce up your logo.
    It doesn't need to be fancy or dramatic, but what you have up right now is a fancy post-it-note basically. I like the font.
  • Spruce up your entry page.
    Colors again. Perhaps put your images into a table. It can be something very simple like this.
  • Where is your search feature?
    I think it is highly relevant to have your search feature available since you have the number of product categories that you do.
  • Where is the footer?
    I have a hard time buying from shops that don't have a footer or an updated year in their footer. I don't know whether the store is someone's personal site that I've stumbled upon, if the site is still live and doing business, or if it has been abandoned. Add something in the footer.

I'm in the process of creating color themes. I just added the link in my sig if you would like to see an example. I'm adding a yellow theme there today, but if you would like some assistance on doing colorizing with the basic out-of-the box style feel free to send me a PM.

You need to sort the colours out.

There all over the place. You got pictures with whtie/grey backgrounds but your actual background is blue.

Where is the footer?

I agree. you need a footer. I would suggest putting the counter in the footer. Looks out of place where it is.

Center the banner or make the backgrounds the same.

I reckon your front page looks a bit plain, you need some more text. maybe at the bottom you could add a script that displays random products.

Oh and your information is wrong..

It reads:

Products: Hits 7,215

Prices: GB Pounds

I forgot to mention in my last post,

With the title of your store being "MyFunkyShop", I more or less anticipate that I'll be meandering though a store with a playful look and feel.

You may want to consider choosing your colors to meet the customer's expectations for what a "funky" shop might look like.

Here's a quick logo sample

A few things to do in the meantime while an idea for your design is still under way: :)

Add to your footer as previously mentioned.

Add your search box if you wish to have it available. (I highly recommend this)

If you want to, include the spotlight.php table. I say this only because it gives the customer an extra view of products that they can click on. You never know what may be striking to them that they might click over to.

Next, so that the index page is uniform, you want all shopping tools on the right (subfooter) and all of the navigating tools on the left (subheader).

For example, Categories, Search and Information box on the left. Shopping cart, Featured Product, On Sale on the right. (or vice versa)

This is all of course, just a suggestion, but I do think it will be worth your time to add those table boxes back and it will add a bit more shopping appeal for your customers.

Hi asillyshopper and DeanFarnham,

Thank you for your opinions.......... I have had help from asillyshopper and i am very greatful with the help you have given me...

Please visit now and tell me what you think CLICK HERE

Thank you

Louise