Digital Products Setup

Guest jarus323

Guest jarus323

Hello, I have just finished configuring cubecart4. My site is going to consist of all digital products (short videos). Can cubecart do this w/o installing any mods?

Option 1. When a customer purchases the digital product through the standard paypal gateway (not paypal pro), once the payment goes through and it's successful, they get redirected back to my store to d/l their video.

if that can't be done then

Option 2. When a customer purchases the digital product through the standard paypal gateway, once the payment goes through and it's successful they get sent a link to their e-mail to d/l their purchased video.

I know there's options in cc4 admin panel to set the product as digital and I've done so. I'm assuming that I can do option 2 w/o installing any mods.

I've made some test purchases and after the customer purchases the digital product, their order is set to pending. I have to approve it. After the approval, I do not see any link being sent to them to d/l the video. They get e-mail about their order status etc. I must be missing something.

Guest degsey69

You actually busted the forum rules on third party links and by the time you read this reply it may have been edited out.

The mod that you are asking about will do what you require more efficiently but you can still use the built in facility for downloads that is with the standard cart.

Degsey

Guest jarus323

I did not realize about the rules. Sorry.

I edited out my mistake.

Great that I can use the built in functionality but how would I go about getting the e-mails with the links to direct download?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way,

J

You actually busted the forum rules on third party links and by the time you read this reply it may have been edited out.

The mod that you are asking about will do what you require more efficiently but you can still use the built in facility for downloads that is with the standard cart.

Degsey

Guest jarus323

Any1 know how to configure cc4 to automatically send purchaser the direct e-mail link to the file their purchased?

I edited out my mistake.

Great that I can use the built in functionality but how would I go about getting the e-mails with the links to direct download?

J

Degsey

Guest jarus323

Is Automatic Digital Order Status Completion available for cc4?

Any1 know how to configure cc4 to automatically send purchaser the direct e-mail link to the file their purchased?

I edited out my mistake.

J

Degsey

Guest jarus323

Ok, I got my d/l link e-mails to work when i set the order to completed in cc4 control panel but whenever a user clicks on the link i get this error:

There was an error dowloading the file. Please contact a member of support for help.

My download folder exists here

/usr/local/vhosts/domain name/downloads/test.txt

The permissions on that file are 644 with root as the owner of the downloads folder.

The "Adding Downloadable Digital Products guide for cc3" tells me on the last step to:

1. Place all the files in your downloads folder.

2. Create an HTML page for each group of downloads, which has links for the file and place in the same directory as the product file.

Links look like <a href="test1.zip">File One</a>

4. Use path when adding product like

http://YourSiteName.com/digidownloads/test1.html

Do I have to do that for cc4 also?

Ex: if a customer purchases testvideo1.mpeg, i would have to create a simple HTML file with hyperlink linking to the download destination of the file?

Is Automatic Digital Order Status Completion available for cc4?

I edited out my mistake.

J

Degsey

Emails upon order payment are sent automatically. If the order is pure digital the order is to the COMPLETED changed automatically so the download link email is sent too. If this does not work for you it means PayPal standard IPN file is not run. You should investigate the reason why it is not run.

Error to download a file means the path to file you set in product details page is WRONG. Please ensure the correct server path to file is entered.

"Adding Downloadable Digital Products guide for cc3" is just different way how to use more downloadable links as far as I know.