Zend optimizer suddenly not found!

jsgypsy

I do have a support ticket in with my host, but thought I'd post about it here as well while I wait for a reply from them.

I've been running my store since end of July without ever having this come up, but this morning I find the message about the Zend optimizer not being on the server. Worst case scenario, will I possibly need to reinstall using the Ioncube version? if so, how will this affect anything, IF anything, such as modules, database... or?

Thing is, I am not even sure what either the ZO or Ioncube are, so I don't know what to expect.

Will I need to do a clean install? or just overwrite existing files? Geez, what a thing to wake up to. :yeahhh:

I wouldn't reinstall or do anything untill you hear from your host. Possibly they did something with the server or upgraded something that caused the error. Even if you want to change to ioncube (if its installed on your server) its only a matter of changing some code in the global.inc.php file