Prom dress website. Tell me what you think

Guest aman1121

Guest aman1121

Hey guys, I finally finished my site up. Still adding more products, but I think it turned out well.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Well, I've gotten a lot of help from you guys, and I thank you. Unfortunately, my boss has requested that I remove the link to the site. Thanks again for the help :dizzy:

Guest Brivtech

Jail Bait!

The colours and product actually works well with the skin.

I understand the concept of proms, but what on earth is homecoming? These are alien to our reserved British culture.

I think homecoming has something to do with sports? Hate sports and never did dances/proms in school, so not 100% sure, but was something like the first game played at home maybe??

They used to have a dance for it like they do prom and usually had a bonfire/pep rally or something I think too - at least in my school.

Nice site though personally that pink is a bit too bright for me. I would make it a bit softer.

Guest aman1121

Thanks for the replies guys.

Homecoming is this big football game that happens at high schools usually October - November, after which there is a parade and other festivities.

About the color, I was thinking it might be just a bit strong as well, so the next time I update I will definitely go a little bit lighter.

Thanks again for the comments guys. I actually did the skin myself, so I'm not exactly sure how much someone will charge you for this type of thing. Maybe check out cubecartforums.org for some ideas.

:)

Guest aman1121

its just a pink version of the kita blue skin

Well, kind of. I got rid of the right side, changed colors, did a few changes here and there. I just wanted to know how it looked overall.

I like it...

Heres what I like:

1-The colors

2-The conveyor belt of images

3-the secure login pages

What I don't like"

1-The site is fluid(i think fixed is better, because then you have a better overall look how your site will look in the majority of browsers)

2-Shopping cart link so low(You can move this in the template folder, tell me if you don't know)

You should try getting a better conveyor belt, that is not flash.

I got mines from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

Heres a reccomend one for you.

In this conveyor belt, you can actually add actual product images with links linking it to the product, it just takes a little fine tuning to get right with the size, colors, and speed.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14...trightslide.htm

Guest aman1121

I like it...

Heres what I like:

1-The colors

2-The conveyor belt of images

3-the secure login pages

What I don't like"

1-The site is fluid(i think fixed is better, because then you have a better overall look how your site will look in the majority of browsers)

2-Shopping cart link so low(You can move this in the template folder, tell me if you don't know)

You should try getting a better conveyor belt, that is not flash.

I got mines from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/

Heres a reccomend one for you.

In this conveyor belt, you can actually add actual product images with links linking it to the product, it just takes a little fine tuning to get right with the size, colors, and speed.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14...trightslide.htm

Wow! Thanks a lot for all the tips!