Sim Free Mobiles

Hi,

Some of you may know that I am not the best at customising things, but ive finally sorted everything out that needed to be sored.

I have customised the store generally, and inserted my own contact page.

What do you think?

Sim Free Mobiles

Cheers,

Paul

Guest twisted

Paul,

I think you have a nice clean, straightforward layout.

However, personally I like to see and use a bit more color. I find that a dark red contrasts nicely with grey. Not a lot, but just enough add some life to the page.

I am also not a big fan of those tabs for Add to Favorites and My Account. I would go with a small gif image and a text link, like

Add to Favorites sun.gif

You still have the default cubecart blue, and plae blue.grey for your products table on alternating rows. While this does not clash hugely with your color scheme, you might want to consider using shades more your own for a distinctive look..

And don;t be afraid to use images to liven things up. Optimise them, keep them small, and they don;t have to significantly slow down page loading times..

The site is looking good with what you have done...but I feel it could use the injection of a little color to liven it up some.

Cheers Twisted,

I will try and devise some sort of new colour scheme & layout, as this is my first attempt and I didnt want to screw things up :-)

You mention the alternating colours, how would I go about changing those?

Very useful tutorial about the Side Boxes BTW ;-) I have only found 1 problem with a couple of mods, the new contact form will not work correctly when I put the product search in one of those boxes... do you have any idea why?

Thanks,

Paul

Guest twisted

You mention the alternating colours, how would I go about changing those?

Through your store admin area...Settings-->Style

THe "even Row" and "Odd Row" control those colors....just change the hex values to something else.

Very useful tutorial about the Side Boxes BTW ;-) I have only found 1 problem with a couple of mods, the new contact form will not work correctly when I put the product search in one of those boxes... do you have any idea why?

No. Can you send me the file that is giving you the prob...and I will look at it.

Have to agree with Twisted about the good solid site. Excellent images, easy to get around. I even had a look at your forum and return policy. Well done. The forum thing is a great addition in your case. Customers answer their own questions and allow you to get to work going to the bank. Never occured to me before. Great stuff.

Is the

Mr P Durbin
thing standard in Europe? I'm not going to get into an East meets West thing, but I consider that as a tad stiff and formal.

Well done.

Cheers Alan

Much appreciated, I'm currently designing some new images for the Forum, Add to Fav etc etc...

As for the "Mr P Durbin" you refer to, if its for the Cheque or any payment, its the only way for Cheques to get paid into my account. Also there is 3 Mr Durbin's at that address :-) so its just to distinguish between the 3.

Do you have any ideas about colour etc? I'd like to hear other peoples optinions...

Thanks

Paul

Paul.jpg

I'm in a shadow period of my career. I don't know about you, but I think it's a good start. Maybe some navy blue borders on your tables?Some orange would go well too

Shadow Period? What career are you in?

I thought it went well together, a nice bold design, just to get a working knowledge where the pictures actually are.

I agree, Orange & Blue do go well together, but would it fit in? I suppose its worth a try.

Where did you get the phone picture from?

Paul

I'm an artist, but that was an attempt at humour, my website (www.binaryarts.ca) is absolutely thick with shadows.

Where did you get the phone picture from?

I stole it from your site and did some slight modification.

:unsure: