Hyperlink problems from fckeditor

Guest gavjof

When I copy and paste a link into the fckeditor and then save the page it does something weird with the URL.

View I try and click the link in the stores front end I get nothing happening. Viewing the source I can see:

java script:void(0);/*1225903104819*/

Why would it be doing that?

cheers

Gav

• 2 weeks later...

Guest PLMaster

This suddenly started happening to us to and I could never get a reason for it from anywhere. What we ended up doing is adding the link like normal, then clicking on it again, hitting the add link button and recopying the original url over the javascript. If you do it a second time it sticks. Annoying as all get out but I could never find a fix so at least it works in the meantime.

I had read an entry in the bug tracker about this. Al had said something about having to ugrade the FCK editor, and the original poster had asked how they should go about it. So I came back this morning to find out if there was a reply, but this issue is not showing up in the bug report any more. :unsure:

It would be great to know how to go about doing this.... or is it going to be a fix in the next release? I hear a new update is on it's way.

I get around this bug when making a link by making sure my cursor isnt in a field inside the LINK window when I click OK

basically I click anywhere blank in the link window and step out of the field

then click OK

then once back at the main editor window

I make sure I type something else even a period or what have you a new line Then and only then do i update and save

seems to work most of the time

but yeah this is fixed in the new v4.3 coming out soon.... ( it is a bug with the version of FCK currently in 4.1.1 + not cubecart itself as we have this bug in some of our proprietary CMS installs that use the same version of FCK)

Kinetic