Paypal Payments stuck on Pending

Guest belsizesquare

Guest belsizesquare

We received a few orders that were paid for by paypal and rather than swithcing to "processing" status the orders stayed as "pending".

This started happening for the first time today. I checked our paypal account and the payments were definitely made (with cash cleared, rather than an uncleared echeque).

Has anyone has this happen before? Its strange as paypal payments have in the past resulted in status automatically changing to processing. I'm unsure what has changed to cause this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex

Exactly the same problem occuring for us. Started yesterday. Also notice that the PayPal email notifications have a different layout and logo and that the PayPal site has changed in the transactions area.

I suspect that a change has occured at PayPal's end and that we need a tweek or mod of the PayPal payment gateway asap.

yes same here

it has been happening for 2 days

on Paypal developer center , they have posted as this issue is resolved

but its not

They have changed something on API and IPN structure and now so many people have the same problem.

no idea when its gonna get fixed but its PAYPAL problem just so you know.

MUJKA

WELL.. its stupid.. ^_^ without IPN works instantly , there is no instant notification and no instant download

so frustrating to do all this manually .

They say it is resolved...but on user end , nothing changed, not sure if we need to do something, like change something on paypal account.

just no explanation

for follow up here is the address.

paypal developer community

Guest spanishben

I also have this problem. I have a 'personal representative' at Paypal who has told me the following:

"Please kindly note there was a minor change of the variables in the IPN notification. The addition of the transaction_subject and handling_amount variables, and the increase of notify_version to 2.6 are the only things that have changed. Please double check with your IPN script to make sure that your script sends back the same data in order to get the valid acknowledge from our IPN server. It might be the root cause.

You may also check your web server log to see if you received IPN from our server, but it failed to update your backend due to the verification failure. Or you didn't receive any IPN at all?

Please feel free to contact me for any future request.

Thanks"

So I guess this means the Paypal gateway needs changing in Cubecart asap... I really hope this gets fixed as soon as possible as our business depends on the automated confirmation of orders and subsequent sending out of download links... and having all successful orders stuck at Pending is a nightmare!

Guest grahamlawton

Do you think CubeCart forgot to update there own website?! :on2long:

Just placed an order for Support, paid with PayPal, and guess what? It's stuck on Pending with them!!! :ninja2:

Edited to say it cleared after an hour, so perhaps I was being a bit keen! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daniel H

All good here too :on2long:

Hi there

What details do I need to put into Paypal and where to get people back from Paypal to the website and for Paypal to tell the admin that payment has been made sucessfully?

Guest theshepherd

I'm getting stuck too!

According to the help files on www.cubecartforums.org, the screen I should see should be this one:

paypal-ipn.gif

But my screen is very different, looking like this:

PayPalScreen.jpg

I've upgraded to 4.3.0 tonight, but still get same error messages.

So I can't seem to set up the IPN so that payment is automatic to download. I can't launch a digital download store without being able to offer instant access!

Any advice/help appreciated. I've set up PayPal for IPN according to the MarksCarts instructions for CC3 - not sure what else to suggest or do. :)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kickass

I'm having the exact same issue as theshepherd is. No url for paypal for either IPN or return to cart are offered when setting up the Paypal gateway. Cart is upgraded to 4.3.0, and all orders are showing as pending instead of paid.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kickass

Well, I did get this working, but I don't know why you no longer make it easy for people by showing the URLS needed when the paypal module is being configured.

1. Log in to your Premier or Business PayPal account.

2. Click Profile.

3. Click Instant Payment Notification Preferences.

4. Enter the URL at which you would like to receive IPN posts.

The URL for IPN is:

http://YourUrl.com/index.php?_g=rm&typ...p;module=PayPal

(adjust this url if your shop is installed in a subdirectory. If you have SSL installed, use https://)

The URL to put in for Return is:

http://YourUrl.com/index.php?_g=rm&typ...p;module=PayPal

(adjust this url if your shop is installed in a subdirectory. If you have SSL installed, use https://)

Shop now gets notification of the payment made. Now, if I could just figure out why paypal is sending the email to the shopowner instead of the customer . . . ack.

• 1 month later...
Guest Back in the Day Antiques

PayPal IPN works perfectly after fixing your patch. Fixed issue!!!! Thanks Convict for your help!

I just made a sale, the order still says pending even though the payment method used was Paypal. Money's not in my Paypal account either. I have the latest patch installed so I don't know what's going on! Am I supposed to do something manually?

• 2 months later...
Guest buyingthings.co.uk

This is very very annoying and just as my support has run out, I've got round to advertising my store and found PayPal IPN isn't working and stuck on Pending :wacko:

I havent got this working. Has anyone got a solution to this please?