Direct links to non-default language pages

Guest agostumpy

Guest agostumpy

Forgive me if this is already in the forums somewhere - I couldn't find it.

My CubeCart site is multi-lingual. Default: English, secondary: Russian.

I have another site which is also multi-lingual, and I have a LOT of links from that site into my CubeCart site.

What I want to do: create links to products, categories, etc that lead the user directly to either the Russian or the English for said product or category.

I can't figure this one out. The language selection seems to be session-based, and just adding &lang=ru doesn't do it.

Is there some way to do this, or are my customers doomed to choose Russian AGAIN after jumping into my CubeCart site?

Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grahamlawton

This looks like this could be really useful for things like links in Google Adwords in different countries etc...

But can it be taken one step further and also add in a currency variable at the same time? (and if so what needs adding to Convicts example?)

Thanks in advance :unsure:

This looks like this could be really useful for things like links in Google Adwords in different countries etc...

But can it be taken one step further and also add in a currency variable at the same time? (and if so what needs adding to Convicts example?)

Thanks in advance :)

Well custom coding is required because CubeCart does not allow to change language and currency at once. This could be a simple hack to add 2-7 lines of code to the language change code and enhance the URL with currency.

I think this has been already done anyway best to discuss this in 3rd Party area forums at htt://cubecartforums.org