a few changes here and there

You might want to check what your site looks like while using Mozilla... Your welcome message starts below your navigation column, and actually spreads across both the navigation column and your message area, so the text in the navigation column is near impossible to read because of the colors.

Wow he intro graphic is really hot! :whistle: Nice!

Observation: I'm sitting for about 8 seconds while the intro does it's thing and I have to wait for it to complete before I can enter the store at all. Either speed up the intro to under 5 seconds, or if you want to keep it at about 10 seconds put a "skip intro button" on the page so the customer can enter when they choose.

8 to 10 seconds is a lot of time for any kind of animation to run with or without a loop and no way out except to just click off.

You know how long it runs but the customer doesn't. They don't know if they'll have to sit there for 10 seconds or 30 seconds and just leave not wanting to even find out.

When I hit the button to enter the store, the fade-out and page transition is also long. This means that it is going to take your customer nearly 30 seconds of getting through a flash intro to view what you have to offer.

I suggest removing the fade-out to just let it click through, or use quick wipe that takes about 1 second to transfer to the next page.

The layout I like a lot. I can tell you've put a lot of thought into making a great looking site.

Next, your flash intro page goes from a really great graphic to a screen that is all text except for the header a the top.

Where you have the following text:

Welcome to HiTunedPerformance.com

Your source for a variety of performance parts at a

great price!. Check back often for updates...and remember,

if you dont see something your looking for, contact

us for pricing!

I think that having a sharp, colorful product image or business-related image (i.e., a tricked out car using the rims you sell) above that text would keep the customer's attention since the flash intro was really sharp-looking.

Right now they're going from:

-nice looking flash intro undetermined in length should I wait?

-ok i'm entering...any day now :w00t:

-and now i see...!!!! hm...text. what now?

Like I said I like the layout, I like the intro.

With all of the anticipation to get into the store and the nice intro, I was more or less expecting to come into a page that would jump and yell at me about the reason I waited to get in, and it's all text.

HTH

im going to work on the intro today, make it shorter or something. Also, The image idea(a hot car of some sort on the page) is something ive been waiting to do until i had the right car at the shop come by. Either way, look for some other changes today.

Oh yea, Mozilla/Firefox etc should be fixed now. had some things undefined in the css.

Edit: Speed has been increased(and smoothness of the animation, since i upped the frame rate) for the intro, and a skip button has been added

Next up, spicing up the opening page of the actual cart with some graphics.

I love how small tweaks can make such huge improvements!

The site looks great! :unsure:

The timing on the flash intro and the entry transition is perfect!

Adding the graphic on the index page is such a difference.

I think the width that you chose for your index image is perfect as well. An image like this for example (shrunken to size) would make for a really sleek and sharp looking index! I hope you're able to find one that really jumps out for you. (I'm really picky about my own images so it takes forever. lol)

Looks fantastic, and thanks for taking the criticism constructively. :wub:

I appreciate criticism, and the image there right now is temporary. I just wanted to see what i thought about something being htere. in the next day or two there will be something badass hopefully.

When i get more, i'll let ya know. lol

Beautiful job on your main site. Very well laid out and easy to navigate. The thumbnails are things of beauty, great resolution and contrast. Your background has a very solid "feel" to it and provides an excellent base for the great photos.

I too am using Mozilla (Firefox) and had a small problem with your "Enter" screen. The word Enter seems to never focus, and the whole presentation could still be a tad faster. Animation wise, seems as if a white spot quickly expanding to your final text (Zap-like) would be more in-you-face high tuned performance like.

Nice job.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i think i have all the mozilla problems fixed, and the intro will be sped up a touch. Also have consistant Menus on each page now that arent necesarily apart of cubecart's package. Check it out! WOO! haha