s**t Support

Guest dissapointed

Guest dissapointed

Paid £100 for license and 1 month support

1. I ask, how do i just get text on the left hand side of the page instead of a logo? ie, "Welcome To Dining Pleasures" as i dont want to use a logo

2. their reply,

We have provided you with an ecommerce script. This doesn't automatically make us your in house web design/development team. That is not a service we provide I am afraid.

Kind Regards,

----------------------------------

Alistair Brookbanks

Devellion Ltd

maybe someone who isnt taking £100 off me would be kind enough to help me out

Thank you

Hi, there are a lot of resources available to you in these forums and the third-party forums, including a documentation project.

To answer your question, you just need to edit the global/index.tpl and global/cart.tpl templates. These are the global templates which control the general layout of the store.

The documentation project will details what does what if you wanted to research it further. In addition, there are a lot of pinned posts in these forums which contain a lot of frequently asked questions.

Hope that helps.

Guest dissapointed

To answer your question, you just need to edit the global/index.tpl and global/cart.tpl templates. These are the global templates which control the general layout of the store.

thank you, but i'm new to this, could you please tell me where i actually insert the text "welcome to blah blah" please

Thank you

thank you, but i'm new to this, could you please tell me where i actually insert the text "welcome to blah blah" please

Thank you

The files mentioned would be found in your /skin/YourTemplate/StyleTemplates/global folder . However it is a little more involved as the stylesheet for the header also comes into play. You could add the text, but might also need to make adjustments in the stylesheet which would be in /skin/YourTemplate/StyleSheets/ .

if you don't want to dig around in the code, you could create a very basic image that has the text on it that you need. Then upload that as your logo.

If you decide to have a play around in the code, be sure to have a backup of the original code in case you need to restore it back.

HTH!

Alistair is right - you are going to need a designer or developer to make these kind of changes. This isn't the kind of thing you can muddle through yourself if you have no knowledge of HTML/CSS. We can't tell you what line to change, because it differs according to the skin you are using. Why don't you just create an image with the text that you want & upload it using the logo changing tool?