FCK Editor broken on 4.3 update

Guest fishtenors

Guest fishtenors

I just updated from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0, and now the FCK editor is broken. When I try to upload an image, i get this error:

The server didn't send back a proper XML response. Please contact your system administrator.

XML request error: Not Found (404)

And this is the file it is looking for:

admin/includes/rte/editor/filemanager/browser/default/admin/includes/rte/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/connector.php?Command=GetFoldersAndFiles&Type=uploads&CurrentFolder=%2F&uuid=1228267195409

The editor does not show up at all when editing/adding products, categories and site docs. I have tried to reupload the whole FCK editor directory. Any thoughts? Thanks a bundle in advance.

<><

I just updated from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0, and now the FCK editor is broken. When I try to upload an image, i get this error:

The server didn't send back a proper XML response. Please contact your system administrator.

XML request error: Not Found (404)

And this is the file it is looking for:

admin/includes/rte/editor/filemanager/browser/default/admin/includes/rte/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/connector.php?Command=GetFoldersAndFiles&Type=uploads&CurrentFolder=%2F&uuid=1228267195409

The editor does not show up at all when editing/adding products, categories and site docs. I have tried to reupload the whole FCK editor directory. Any thoughts? Thanks a bundle in advance.

<><

I am not sure about your first problem you mention, but I know I had the problem with the editor not showing up too. Came here and found a couple of threads on it.

For me, I had to upload the files again for it, but I had to set it for binary. FTP was set at automatic which just wasn't doing the trick. Once I set it for binary upload, the editor showed up just fine.

HTH!

• 2 months later...

This is a rather urgent problem, has anyone founda fix for this? I've spent over 2 days taking apart various FCK files, and trying hopelessly in vain to find some magic fix. As I said in my 8765 other posts about this, deleted all the admin folders and re-uploaded, to no avail. Even tried to revert back to 4.23, and it got worse. Just upgraded the cart two weeks ago, and now cannot alter product images or add new products (need images & thumbs!) because of this. I did put a bug report in, but I figure perhaps someone out there has found a fix by now. ;)