Payment Trouble, Too many Pending orders

fenderltd

I have Pay Pal Express Checkout payments through the API and also accepting Google Checkout.

Google works flawless but I notice about 5 orders a day sit as "pending". No payment is ever made. I am trying to figure out the loop hole to how customers are placing an order, creating an account and not paying. I have removed the actual "checkout" button from my checkout as I just want them to pay either Pay Pal Express or Google. My site is www.degoodstuff [dot] com

I am willing to pay to have this issue fixed, I am tired of loosing sales to this.

I'm not sure if it has to do with Paypal confirmed address or?

For the alt checkout Paypal,

these are my settings:

PayPal Pro Mode: Express Checkout Only

Currency: USD

Gateway Server: Live

API User Name: My name

API PAssword: My Passowrd

API Signature: My Signature

Require Paypal confirmed address: Yes

Send Welcome email: Yes

Payment Action: Sale

Debug: No

I hope someone can help, I have not been able to figure this out for a few months and I have lost a lot of orders :)

THank you in advance

Perhaps it's as simple as them not wanting to have to set up an account with Paypal in order to pay? I am pretty sure that when I tested my cart using the Paypal Express, the option wasn't there to pay without having an account - I was prompted to sign up.

So on my page, I have a note saying this to let them know that an account is required with those ( PP Express and Google). The Paypal Standard does not require them to have an account, and there would be a link to click if they didn't have one rather than logging in.

Perhaps it's as simple as them not wanting to have to set up an account with Paypal in order to pay? I am pretty sure that when I tested my cart using the Paypal Express, the option wasn't there to pay without having an account - I was prompted to sign up.

So on my page, I have a note saying this to let them know that an account is required with those ( PP Express and Google). The Paypal Standard does not require them to have an account, and there would be a link to click if they didn't have one rather than logging in.

So, would I be better off to just use paypal standard? What's the main difference between using Paypal Express and the Standard? I have been searching and reading but when it comes to Cube Cart, I am having trouble finding solid information. I want to eliminate these pending orders that never get processed! Thank you very much for your reply and hope to hear back again!

But also, when they start to check out, there is no step that allows them to put in their customer information, so how is a pending order even being generated? I have tried to check out both ways, and there seems to be no way the information is ever transfered or inputed into cubecart.

You can checkout two ways, one by clicking the paypal express button or google checkout button. I have removed the checkout button from the cart page!

So, would I be better off to just use paypal standard? What's the main difference between using Paypal Express and the Standard? I have been searching and reading but when it comes to Cube Cart, I am having trouble finding solid information. I want to eliminate these pending orders that never get processed! Thank you very much for your reply and hope to hear back again!

But also, when they start to check out, there is no step that allows them to put in their customer information, so how is a pending order even being generated? I have tried to check out both ways, and there seems to be no way the information is ever transfered or inputed into cubecart.

You can checkout two ways, one by clicking the paypal express button or google checkout button. I have removed the checkout button from the cart page!

I have to admit I'm not too sure how they can have a pending order without the checkout button - stumped on that one. What if they are on the PP Express page but don't use the 'Cancel and return to XXXX' link? would that make the order as Pending??

As to your other question, PP Express is for those that have a Paypal account and it just allows them to go through checkout and payment much quicker. They just follow to login to their account, and the shipping details are pulled from their account. They then don't have to create a login or register at your store. Same with Google Checkout.

To me, if you are only using those two methods for payment, you are only catering to those that either have an account or will go ahead and sign up for one. Most customers like to be able to just buy and pay, and many of them will not have accounts with Paypal or Google.

If you started to use the Paypal Standard, then you can still let the customers know to select that to make payment by card, and that they don't need a Paypal account.

I don't know what you do about those orders, but one idea might be to go ahead and send an email with a payment link in it, and also ask if they had any problems checking out. You might just get some feedback from that to clue you in on what's happening.

If you use something like statcounter, you can follow the visitor path which might show where the problem occurred.