XML error: no element found at line 1

Hello. This is out of nowhere but I noticed my orders stopped coming in earlier...then I went online and ran a sample order however then getting to STEP 4 where the system gets the rates from the USPS server the only thing displayed on the screen is:

XML error: no element found at line 1

Has USPS server just changed something?? I made no changes to my store in months...the only thing was a few weeks ago added a few more products but up until yesterday (I think) everything was fine.

-Tim H.

Thank you for confirming oren.

I do not know but something then must have either changed on the USPS Server or there is just a problem with their server (hoping for just a problem)... I really hope they did not decide to make their XML and code 'more effiecent' and screw many online retailers during the month of DECEMBER!!!!

I right now have it disabled too and just going with UPS...however this will cost me many international sales until this problem gets fixed!! :(

-Tim H.

Well the problem still exists... :(

I cannot start troubleshooting until a few hours from now (once I get todays shipments out)... Has anyone contacted the USPS Webtools or whatever the place is called. I think they have e-mail and phone support but right now I can't get to doing that.

-Tim H.

Guest Tahoemike00

I just called the customer service line - after many hours of trying and not being able to get through I finally got in....

They confirmed there is a problem ("server down") and they are aware of the problem and are working on it. They had no idea when it would be functional again, but said "try it again tomorrow"

Thank you for the update!

I just called the customer service line - after many hours of trying and not being able to get through I finally got in....

They confirmed there is a problem ("server down") and they are aware of the problem and are working on it. They had no idea when it would be functional again, but said "try it again tomorrow"

Forget it ... Just checked this morning and well the USPS XML server is still screwed up.

Way to go USPS...dummies.

I guess they don't believe in backup servers in case of catastrophic failures.

This is the new error I am getting:

Return XML:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Error>

<Number>80040320</Number>

<Description>An unexpected system error has occurred. Please try again later or contact the System Administrator. </Description>

<Source></Source>

</Error>

Yes just called the support # again ... Yesterday the message said 'We plan to have everything working by the end of the business day Monday'.

Today's message sayes ''We hope to have everything working by the end of the business day Tuesday.'