email question

Guest tsneade

Mail Sending Method:

mail() is using PHP's built-in function.

smtp() uses a class provided by Cubecart.

If smtp(), you need to specify who is going to take responsibility for getting the email out onto the Internet.

localhost is your own SMTP Server (MS Exchange Server, IIS's SMTP Server, some *nix utility provided by your hosting provider)

smtp.yourisp.com if your store is sitting on your own personal server box and your ISP reuires that you send all outboaund email through their SMTP server.

Use Authentication?

If whatever SMTP server you are using requires that you prove that you are who you say you are, enter the username and password of the email account. The host name will then likely be "smtpauth.yourisp.com", for example. Otherwise, set Use Authentication to off.

Your settings, as they are pictured, is using PHP's built-in mailer function, using an SMTP server within the local system (probably provided by your hosting provider), but telling the SMTP server to connect to the mailer function by first requiring a "I am proving who I say I am" handshake, but not providing the data necessary for that proof.

Guest tsneade

Mail Sending Method:

If smtp(), you need to specify who is going to take responsibility for getting the email out onto the Internet.

localhost is your own SMTP Server (MS Exchange Server, IIS's SMTP Server, some *nix utility provided by your hosting provider)

smtp.yourisp.com if your store is sitting on your own personal server box and your ISP reuires that you send all outboaund email through their SMTP server.

Use Authentication?

If whatever SMTP server you are using requires that you prove that you are who you say you are, enter the username and password of the email account. The host name will then likely be "smtpauth.yourisp.com", for example. Otherwise, set Use Authentication to off.

Your settings, as they are pictured, is using PHP's built-in mailer function, using an SMTP server within the local system (probably provided by your hosting provider), but telling the SMTP server to connect to the mailer function by first requiring a "I am proving who I say I am" handshake, but not providing the data necessary for that proof.

thank you, I am lost.

Mail Sending Method:

Use Authentication?

thank you, I am lost.

so , If I leave them areas blank and on (mail) it should be sending order email to customers???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trenillo

I had the same problem so I can tell you what I did to get mine up and running. First you need to turn off the "Safe Mode" function by editing the "htmlMimeMail.php" located in the "classes" folder. Once you've opening the file in what ever PHP editor you have find this code of line:

if(@ini_get('safe_mode')==TRUE){

and change it to:

if(@ini_get('safe_mode')==FALSE){

(Please make sure that you make a backup copy of this file just in case it doen't work for you)

Okay, now log into your CC Admin and go to "General Settings" and scroll down until you get to the email portion of the form. This is what i have set up:

Email Name: My Store Name

Email Address: [email protected] (what every your site admin email is)

Mail Sending Method: mail()

SMTP Host: leave blank

SMTP Port: leave blank (it should be defaulted at 25, if it doesn't work try 26)

SMTP Username: leave blank

SMTP Password: leave blank

I have two CC sites up and both wasn't sending emails until I did this simple change and now they're both working %100. You can test it by doing the "Tell A Friend" function in one of your products.

This should work for you. Let me know.

• 1 year later...
Guest Get IT Happening

Great Work Trenillo.... this fix worked a treat!

I had the same problem so I can tell you what I did to get mine up and running. First you need to turn off the "Safe Mode" function by editing the "htmlMimeMail.php" located in the "classes" folder. Once you've opening the file in what ever PHP editor you have find this code of line:

and change it to:

(Please make sure that you make a backup copy of this file just in case it doen't work for you)

Okay, now log into your CC Admin and go to "General Settings" and scroll down until you get to the email portion of the form. This is what i have set up:

SMTP Port: leave blank (it should be defaulted at 25, if it doesn't work try 26)

I have two CC sites up and both wasn't sending emails until I did this simple change and now they're both working %100. You can test it by doing the "Tell A Friend" function in one of your products.

Great Work Trenillo.... this fix worked a treat!

and change it to:

Hi

I tried this but it screwed up my Paypal interface whereby no orders were sent for payment.

Guest Walleye

and change it to:

Yes it worked for me. Thanks!