4% PayPal Fee Tax Add to Orders

Fredzzz

Dear members,

I have an issue which I am able to resolve in two ways, of which one is not working for me.

I need to add 4% to the total amount of the order since my cusomters are from the US and are using PayPal as a means of payment.

Since my primary prices are in euros and displayed in dollars, I am able to integrate this 4% in the currency-value.

However, I do not want my customers to send me e-mails telling me that I am using a faulty (too high) currency.

I tried setting it up in the TAXES module, but it failed to work for ALL of my products at once. I couldn't figure out how to set up the tax for all products at once.

I would like to know if it is possible to set up the 4% tax on the order form and have it calculated over the whole order.

Thanks.

Fred

Once more (for the 1000th time), it is against PayPal's policies to charge your customer extra because they are using PayPal.

If you need to cover the normal "costs of doing business", then raise your prices overall. Either that, or cut your costs.

• 2 years later...
Guest Street Tuned

Once more (for the 1000th time), it is against PayPal's policies to charge your customer extra because they are using PayPal.

If you need to cover the normal "costs of doing business", then raise your prices overall. Either that, or cut your costs.

It use to be allowed a year or two ago, but no more.

13. Receiving funds

13.1. If you receive a notice to your email address that a payment has been sent through PayPal to you, you cannot access those funds until you open an Account. Your Account must use the same email address as the email address to which you received a notice.

13.2. For information about receiving funds in foreign currencies, also refer to clause 15 below.

Your obligations when receiving funds

13.3. If you receive funds through our Services you must:

1. pay any Fees for receiving the funds into your Account depending on whether it is a Commercial Transaction or Personal Transaction;

2. not ask the buyer to send you the payment through a Personal Transaction if you sell goods or services and PayPal is chosen as the payment method; or

3. not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting our Services as a payment method.

• 1 month later...

Unless Federal Law has changed, PayPal's policies are in opposition to the law. Credit card law was amended a number of years ago. It made it illegal for a Credit Card company (Remember, PayPal is officially not only a credit card clearing house, but now, with their own card, a credit card issuer) to insert such a clause in their contracts. Companies often insert blatently illegal clauses in their contracts in the hopes that they can "pull the wool" over the users' eyes. Also, larger companies, the ones that will have the legal department to take PayPal to task, will enter into seperate contracts. These larger companies usually have a few Aces in their sleeves that they would prefer not to have disclosed, so a "gentlemen's agreement" exist to turn a blind eye.

No I'm not a conspiricy nut, I have had closed door dealings with larger companies and understand how they bend the rules to suit their best interests.

Gary

It use to be allowed a year or two ago, but no more.

13. Receiving funds

13.1. If you receive a notice to your email address that a payment has been sent through PayPal to you, you cannot access those funds until you open an Account. Your Account must use the same email address as the email address to which you received a notice.

13.2. For information about receiving funds in foreign currencies, also refer to clause 15 below.

Your obligations when receiving funds

13.3. If you receive funds through our Services you must:

1. pay any Fees for receiving the funds into your Account depending on whether it is a Commercial Transaction or Personal Transaction;

2. not ask the buyer to send you the payment through a Personal Transaction if you sell goods or services and PayPal is chosen as the payment method; or

3. not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting our Services as a payment method.