Payment going through but customer not receiving download link

Guest DJ Sting

Guest DJ Sting

I have my store setup, and everything appears to be working fine. The link is: http://www.djsting.com/store

I have PayPal IPN configured both on PayPal and my site, and the payment goes through, and the order status shows up as Processing, which means money has been received. The digital download link shows up in the invoice on my orders screen, but the customer is not receiving an email... on the confirmation screen or otherwise.

My email settings are set to SMTP... and I'm using my web hosting service's SMTP server.

Host: smtp.1and1.com

Port: 587

I don't know why they're not receiving the email... or if the digital download link is even in the email... can anyone reflect on how this is sent to the customer? I want to see this entire process with my own eyes so I can assist my customers when my store goes live.

Thanks

Guest DJ Sting

Change your email settings to Mail() and see if that helps.

It turned out my port and SMTP user name were wrong, and the email settings seem to be correct. However, how can I accurately test that the email settings are working? I tried the "email customers" approach, and sent a test email to myself. It showed that it went through successfully, however I didn't receive anything.

Does the digital download link in fact get sent to the customer via email from my store automatically? Does anyone have any info on this? Please help, thanks!

Guest DJ Sting

Change your email settings to Mail() and see if that helps.

Hey, I hope to get this resolved soon. Here's the latest info on this issue...

I switched the settings to mail() and a test email went through on the site. However, using the SMTP information, emails won't go through. I called 1and1 (my hosting company) and verified all the information is correct... and when I send the email using the SMTP information, it showed emailed completed. But I don't end up receiving the email... I don't know where the issue lies.

I'm going to try an order now with the mail() setting now and see if it goes through, and I'll add it to this post.

Okay... I sent a test order using Standard/IPN... and it completed. The digital download email was sent to the email address with the appropriate link. So it's apparent the issue lies with the SMTP information. Can anyone shed light on why this isn't working?

• 8 months later...
Guest tweaty65

Hi can you please tell what you mean by standard IPN and how you did this. I am having the same issue as you were. only my downloads were working and now they are not. When a free download is ordered the download email gets sent but if someone pays for something they don't get it.

I have been surfing forums and trying different things for 5 solid hours now. I don't get it.

• 3 months later...

Somebody help, please!

I am having the same issue after a whole year when my site was working quite ok.

The buyers on my site can purchase the items (which are digital goods), but they do not receive the e-mail with their download link. No e-mail is sent automatically to them like it has been until 1 week ago.

The payment is done in PayPal, the invoices can be seen, yet the costumers do not receive their download link in their e-mail or instantly.

I am trying to figure out a solution for this for over a week and had disputes on PayPal and major loss of clients.

How can I solve this? Please help.

Thank you from the heart

Does your hosting account include email? Generally the host would be smtp.yourdomain.com or mail.yourdomain.com, not your hosting companies domain.

• 4 months later...