Wrong customer name in Order Completed email

stevemills

I just updated a recent order to Completed and Dispatched. The correct information was all on the screen, right name, right address, same name in the pulldown menu (though I had glanced at it to check customer number, it was still on his name and not highlighted).... but the email sent both of us gives him a different name. Instead of the proper name for the person who is customer #8, it gives the name of customer #25. Everything else in the email is correct.

What is up with that?

Wait... now that I look again at this order, it has the incorrect customer's details in the left side, but the correct person on the right side. How did this happen?

The email notice puts the incorrect name under Invoice Address, but has the correct name under Deliver Address. There is nothing more in the email regarding the wrong customer than his name.

Well, now I see how this happened. While in the Edit Order page, I did a quick scroll on the customer list pulldown. Any name you move your cursor over populates the Billing Information fields with data pertinent to that person (can be anyone). I must have pulled the cursor off while it was over the wrong name, because that is ALL it takes to completely alter that information.

Should take a little more deliberate action, I would think, but that's how it happened.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DougN

This was a major nuisance for me too. I did a little hack and removed the drop down list. Here's what you do:

1) Edit admin/sources/order/orderBuilder.inc.php

2) Search for and comment out these lines, should be around line 195:

if($noCustomers<500) {

$customers = $db->select($sql." ORDER BY lastName, firstName ASC");

}

3) Save and upload.

It simply leaves a text field where the drop down list was, and the current customer's number. A lot

less likely to be accidentally disturbed. A side benefit is that the order screen loads incredibly faster. I think having

to do a search and load of all of the customers was killing it. The only real down side is that there is now no way to manually create an

order, but that only worked under certain conditions, anyway, so it's no big loss.

Good luck -- Doug

Hi, Doug.

That's an interesting approach. Looks like this is one of the bugs that hasn't quite been sorted out, since that text is a workaround to it. I just edited mine to a number less than my customer base, and now it enters the customer number in that field. Works fine.

Thanks!

Steve