Importing customers and orders from CC3->CC4

Jayphen

I have a client who I am in the process of upgrading to CC4, as well as reskinning their store etc. I've copied their database to a test server, which I've been developing on, and they have been editing their content on. Now has come the time to make the new site live. To do so, I need to export the orders & customers from the old site's DB (as there have been new registrations and orders during the development of the new store) and import them into the new site's DB.

The problem is that when I try to import the old tables into the new DB, I get errors. The first one I hit is when the CubeCart_customer table is imported -

#1054 - Unknown column 'zoneId' in 'field list'

Obviously the database has changed a little in CC4 in comparison to CC3. What is the best way to go about copying this information across?

Guest ebbinger_413

Are you trying to transfer the cubecart v3 database to a new server that has cubecart v4 already installed? Because i think that would be a more difficult precedure.

Either way if you are transfering it to a new server or not i think you should simply keep cubecart v3 installed. With all of their databases in tact. Of course with a backup, which you say you already have, just in case. And simply upgrade to cubecart v4. I have just upgraded one of my customers sites with cubecart v3 to v4 and it worked great. All of the databases stayed in tact so i didnt have to re-add all of their products. I didn't have to make any special edit's or anything either. All i did was simply followed the upgrade instructions included in the archive from cubecart and it worked flawlessly.

So i think that solution would work best for you. again simply have cubecart v3 installed with all of their products and databases and whatever in tact and upgrade without exporting. If you dont have v3 installed anymore install v3 and import the databases and then upgrade. Because i think you will have some issues if you try to overwrite cubecart v3 databases over v4.

hope this helps.

The main reason I want to do it this way is because all of the product descriptions and the site documents have been edited on the test server running CC4 so that they match the new skin I've designed. I want to keep all of these changes that have been made on the test server when I put the site live.