CC and virus infections

djf

Can the php scripts get infected with viruses? I have had 2 customers ring me to say that their McAfee prog has warned that my site has a trojan virus. I can't get the warning using Nortons when checking out the site.

I've downloaded all the htm files and scanned them on my PC but no results.

David

If the server is compromised, then any files on the server can be edited. The hack can be anywhere, and from any account with access to the server... so anyone if it's a shared server. This is why it's important to keep software up to date.

Of course, this is not taking into account that McAfee might be reporting a false positive. Have you actually looked inside the PHP and TPL files?

If the server is compromised, then any files on the server can be edited. The hack can be anywhere, and from any account with access to the server... so anyone if it's a shared server. This is why it's important to keep software up to date.

Of course, this is not taking into account that McAfee might be reporting a false positive. Have you actually looked inside the PHP and TPL files?

Thanks for the reply Robsta.

I haven't looked in the files because I don't know where or when on the site the virus notification occurred and I haven't been able to duplicate it with Nortons. It was a message on my answerphone with no return number so I can't contact the person who reported it. It would mean looking in every php file in the cart.

I'm beginning to believe your comment about McAfee might be the reason.

Thanks

David