Error when registering as a customer

Guest Pauldb38

Guest Pauldb38

Hi please can you help , i was at a customers house today who wanted to order of my cubcart 4 store , after all the details was entered we got this error ...

SQL:

INSERT INTO CubeCart_customer (`email`,`title`,`firstName`,`lastName`,`companyName`,`add_1`,`add_2`,`town`,`county`,`postcode`,`country`,`phone`,`mobile`,`regTime`,`ipAddress`,`optIn1st`,`salt`,`type`,`password`,`htmlEmail`) VALUES ('****@hotmail.co.uk','mrs','mo','****','','3 some ave','huntington','***','Yorkshire','*** 9pb','225','07916267797','','1236341470','82.3.201.227','1','NYso8X',1,'ddb502f5519d9a2c6412fb6765069fb9'

I have put stars in to protect the user identity but would normally hold the users data they entered , so i deceded to go into admin panal and add the user manually which work ok but then when they go to log in they get this ....

MySQL Error Occurred

Error Message:

1054: Unknown column 'salt' in 'field list'

SQL:

SELECT `customer_id`, `salt` FROM CubeCart_customer WHERE `type`>0 AND `email`='[email protected]'

Please can you suggest a fix asap if possible as i need this working lol.

Paul.

Latest file but not latest DB content. Please do upgrade your database running UPGRADE from setup/index.php or revert files back to previous version.

Ive ran the upgrade Milos no joy

its says

"Your store has already been upgraded to version 4.3.0. There is no need to go through the upgrade process again."

so cannot upgrade the database

email me and I will give you access so you can take a look yourself

phil

The database upgrade files are in folder setup/db. There is one there called upgrade.sql, open it with notepad++ and you could run those queries through phpmyadmin. There is one query adding the field salt but you may have to run them all.

Guest Pauldb38

Ausy thanks for the info mate as a result i have fixed the problem i ran

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_customer` ADD `salt` VARCHAR( 6 ) NOT NULL AFTER `password`; #EOQ

and now a customer can register with no problems so thanks for that :yeahhh::yeahhh: :yeahhh:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PLMaster

I'm suddenly having this issue too. However I have NOT upgraded to 4.3 because all my mods work with 4.2.2. The only changes made were by adding the three patch files Al provided here: http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showtopic=32026, which Estelle was nice enough to patch for me. No one can register or log in so since I didn't upgrade and don't want to, what can I do?

Note: I don't get an error when people register...they successfully register but aren't told, it just reloads the registtration page. I am getting the SQL error on login attempts.

Guest PLMaster

OK running the code bit above that I didn't see at first got rid of the sql error. People can now log in but they don't stay that way if they go to any other page. They also can't register or check out because even though they successfully register, it won't say so or go to the next step. It just reloads the registration page. Please help. We've ground to a halt because of this. Using 4.2.2 with Al's patch files from the link I gave above.

Guest PLMaster

I wish I could delete posts. OK. Here's where I am now. In Firefox 3.x on Windows XP, a user can register but is never told and can not continue with the checkout because it just reloads the registration page with empty fields. In admin the new account shows up. In IE I fixed the non secure items thing because it was two graphics linked from elsewhere (by their request)...I just saved the graphics to my server and that was fixed. However, when people log in it tells them they are being redirected to an unsecure area. Is there a way to get rid of that error and fix the Firefox thing?

Thanks

Another thing I just noticed. In my skin (Caretta Soft) the cart box that sits in the left column? It's called using {SHOPPING_CART}. In Opera and IE the View Cart link you find there links to the right place, to the cart. In Firefox, it links to this: http://www.promolife.com/index.php?_g=co&_a=step2. Why would that be different? And how could I change it since the function is the same for all browsers? I am so confused.