Payment not proceeded with PayPal checkout, returns to homepage

Guest Kanana

Guest Kanana

Hi,

I've just set up PayPal Chekout Express with the API signature.

When you click on the Chekout Button you're redirected to PayPal login page, then there is the recap. The problem is here, when you click on 'Contiue' insted of processing to the payment the system redirects the customer to the Homepage with no error message.

There is no order on the Cubecart backend and nothing in PayPal too.

I have CubeCart 4.3.0 but I haven't buy the license yet as I wanted to test it before... might it be the reason why Checkout doesn't work ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Guest Kanana

Hi,

Thanks for your answer... I'm a bit worried now.

What is really strange with this issue is that :

- PayPal standard is working fine (Gateway)

- PayPal Express checkout (Affiliate) is working fine on Sandbox environment

- PayPal Express checkout (Affiliate) is not working on Live environment

The file called for the express checkout are exactly the same, the only thing that changes between sandbox and live is the server.

If I find a solution I'll post it

yeah, I've been awaiting a solution since last year. It's especially bad on some international customers. I've done everything possible to tweak sessions and cookie settings, but have just made other problems with that.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
Guest vennt

I think I can confirm this issue. At least for international users.

I've had successful transactions via domestic Express Checkout (I'm in the US), but an international customer who checked out via Express Checkout was returned to the cart page without the ability to confirm the order, no error message, no order is created, no transaction log.

Like Kanana, I took my site offline for a few hours and tested the in the sandbox environment - no problems, was able to checkout with an international test user.

Checked all PayPal settings, checked all AltCheckout settings, big fat zero as far as reasons why this would happen.

• 1 month later...
Guest Under the Mooch

I just installed Cube Cart and am having the same problem. Do the administrators or programmers ever post on this board? The problem has been around for a year and there's no fix?

• 2 weeks later...

Again, I do not like to sound like I am moaning, but this is a very serious issue as far as I am concerned. I have lost many orders and money due to this happening. Can I suggest Cubecart fix this bug or alternatively you could send me all the lost revenue instead if you dont fancy resolving the issue?

As it notes above, staff doesn't frequent the forums, at least not every post. They know about this, and with a search you can find many posts on the subject. There have been several bug reports opened at http://bugs.cubecart.com , which seem to have disappared for the most part.

However, PayPal express has their share of problems, which they don't post most of on their site dev blog, but the forum users post the issues. They recently "upgraded" it, somewhat breaking it for a couple days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to resolve this?

No, and I've been trying for over a year now. If there are release-specific updates to fix this, it would be nice to know.

This is quite a common problem and has been happening just recently to two new sites that I have recently started hosting for clients so have started looking into it myself. I have spoken to Al at CubeCart about this and they have spent a lot of time looking into it but without a relaible way of reproducing the issue it is almost impossible to do anything more about it.

What is needed is as much detailed information as possible about exactly how this happens. There are enough people that have responded to this thread alone for us to hopefully be able to gather this information. If you look through all of the responses to this thread there is no information at all - how are the support people supposed to work with "It doesnt work".

It is often difficult to get detailed information out of customers, especially if they are annoyed because they cant buy something from your store but this is going to be the only way that this issue is going to be solved. try emailing your customers that have experienced this and asking them what they were doing.

One Symptom seems to be that no payment is taken, no order is recorded but the count of orders against a customer record is increased - does anybody else see this ?

From the feedback that my two clients have received so far it seems to only happen when customers add items to their basket before they have registered and/or logged in - again, does this fit with what other people experience ?

I am happy to act as the person collecting the information and relaying this to Al at Devellion. He is as keen to get this fixed as we all are but has nothing to work with !

Ian

Considering that there are apparently so many people with this problem - it is a little surprising that there have been no responses ?!

(some of us come here every-so-often)

Ok, as far as I know, there are no specifics to how and when this happens on my site. Some customers, most in Northern Europe, get this issue each time they try to checkout, no matter the browser, cookies setting, OS, login time, etc. I can reproduce one of the PayPal issues (loses session in the middle of final checkout steps) on Firefox, but not Opera. One good customer tries it at home on her pc, and at work on her mac, with the same result: returns to the home page and logs her out.

Sometimes when customer click for PayPal Express, either the gold button or the final payment option selection, it just says thier order was complete, but does not take them to PayPal. Cart is emptied at this point and there is no record of an order. This one particularly angers customers, or potential customers.

I would recommend that anyone using PayPal Alternate Checkout methods downloads the latest version that was released yesterday - I spoke to Al as promised and he was already working on several issues within this gateway for another client. I have tested this with two clients that were having problems and it seems to have fixed most if not all issues that they were having

Ian

I also have the same problem, it seems hit and miss to weather it works, domestic transactions or credit card payments are all fine.

Now many consumers pay for their purchases by using credit cards since this method is quite convenient and easy. And this can speed up transactions. Due to this fact, many online merchants have to make their websites both attractive and accommodating.

I would recommend that anyone using PayPal Alternate Checkout methods downloads the latest version that was released yesterday...

Did that, which made a worse problem: The addresses don't pass through now. I reported the bug here: http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=1843 Wish I'd noticed this before a number of transactions had come through. I have to revert back to the old version now and its problems.

• 4 weeks later...

I would recommend that anyone using PayPal Alternate Checkout methods downloads the latest version that was released yesterday - I spoke to Al as promised and he was already working on several issues within this gateway for another client. I have tested this with two clients that were having problems and it seems to have fixed most if not all issues that they were having

Ian

I believe I am one of the people testing the new versions of this gateway, a bug for express checkout has been fixed but unfortunately international customers still cannot pay on my store, they are still being reverted back to the homepage.

From the feedback that my two clients have received so far it seems to only happen when customers add items to their basket before they have registered and/or logged in - again, does this fit with what other people experience ?

I am happy to act as the person collecting the information and relaying this to Al at Devellion. He is as keen to get this fixed as we all are but has nothing to work with !

Ian

Hi Ian,

I can check your theory out if needed? I have an international customer who may help me.. He has make test transactions that have failed and taken screen shots as he goes but I haven't checked to weather he was logged in prior to adding items to the cart etc..

I hadn't kept an eye on this thread as it was dead a long time with no responce, since then I have opened a support ticked and upgraded cube cart as requested, since then numerous changed as been made to the module but as yet my problem is still there.

I'm happy to work with anyone here to try and get this resolved as its a big problem for me.

Regards,

Craig

• 4 weeks later...

I would recommend that anyone using PayPal Alternate Checkout methods downloads the latest version that was released yesterday...

Did that, which made a worse problem: The addresses don't pass through now. I reported the bug here: http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=1843 Wish I'd noticed this before a number of transactions had come through. I have to revert back to the old version now and its problems.

I new bug fix has been performed by Al on my site which under tests has solved the problem of the customer/address info not being passed over, however I'm waiting for an international customer to try and make a purchase as my inital problem was with international customers only, customer details not showing up was never a problem for me as the transaction never got that far.

I will keep you guys posted, if anyone has any other information or fixes can they post it here please!

Guest rich1231

I new bug fix has been performed by Al on my site which under tests has solved the problem of the customer/address info not being passed over, however I'm waiting for an international customer to try and make a purchase as my inital problem was with international customers only, customer details not showing up was never a problem for me as the transaction never got that far.

I will keep you guys posted, if anyone has any other information or fixes can they post it here please!

I have exchanged literally hundreds of mails with Al over this issue. Devilion are unable to replicate the issue currently. which is why its so annoying.

Guest rich1231

may be someone should make a video of this problem to make it more visual...

I have endless sets of screenshots and lists of browser and security configs from users.

none have helped