Payment not proceeded with PayPal checkout, returns to homepage

Guest Kanana

So far the new bug fix is working for me, I have had a small number of transactions but all have gone through OK so far.

what bug fix are you using?

for my shop if payment is made via normal checkout with paypal then order still shows as "pending" and eventually cancels if not manually fixed. :homestar:

The bug fix I'm using is one that Al was testing on my site, so far payments are mostly going through ok but I have seen some other issues that I have seen other people report on the forums. I'm not sure if the changes made to my gateway will be released as the last time we spoke Al was still not happy and said the gateway needed writing again from scratch.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rselbo

Also having this issue with our PayPal Gateway but Im unable to replicate. A few customers phone me daily saying they tried to pay but were kicked back to our homepage.

I'm happy to provide logs to Devellion if thats whats required?

Guest Rselbo

Al provided us with the latest changeset however we're still having this issue. PayPals MTS responded with the following:

After selecting PayPal as the payment gateway some customers are reporting being returned back to our homepage, instead of being returned to:

https://www.MYDOMAIN.co.uk/store/index.php?...nfirmed&s=2

In our PayPal account "Auto Return" is set to "Off". How do you suggest we find the cause of this problem? We're receiving too many reports to ignore the issue but we're unsure what to look for in our log files.

From Googling the issue I found the same problem being discussed elsewhere, and a PayPal developer was quoted as saying:

"The problem this causes can be contributed to two things first is Auto-return being turned on. You will want to shut this off as it causes the return option to be set as a GET. The second thing you will want to do is add the variable "rm" with a value of "2" set in the <form> post made to PayPal. This will ensure a POST instead of a GET return method and it will keep the querystring added. In order for the "rm" value to work you will need to have the Auto return off."

Source: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.ph...yPal&page=3

Does the above relate to the CubeCart v4 / PayPal Pro module also?

PayPals response

I have reviewed the logs provided and I see that you are using Express Checkout (API interface). The Auto Return functionality is used only by Website Payments Standard method (HTML buttons).

With the Express Checkout using PayPal API interface customers are redirected to the URL set by your initial request by RETURNURL variable.

Sample from the logs provided:

RETURNURL[161]=https://www.MYDOMAIN.co.uk/store/index.php?_g=rm&type=altCheckout&cmd=process&module=PayPal_Pro&currencyCodeType=GBP&paymentType=Sale&paymentAmount=159.71

To fix this issue you would need to check you shopping cart settings.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Shouldn't the RETURNURL contain an Order number? When I accessed the above URL directly it returned a page saying:

The PayPal API has returned an error!

Ack:

Correlation ID:

Version:

edit: I've submitted the above as a ticket to Devellion.

edit: I've submitted the above as a ticket to Devellion.

Good, the more people that submit a ticket the better as it may be fixed sooner or later, although it seems this has been going on for over a year for some people :D

As yet there is no fix :(

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck with this yet? It's over a year now since the first post on this, people have opened tickets and still no fix for it and unless I am mistaken there has not been any work done towards fixing this now for a long time. I know my ticket was put on hold months ago and I was told the payment gateway module needed to be re-writen as it was starting to look like it was session related and trying to fix the existing module wasn't working.

So far I have a payment gateway that does not work, a tax system that cannot work for EU customers who are VAT registered and there is no way you can use cube cart to work out International shipping correctly as it cannot work with volumetric weight!

Those are a lot of limiting factors when running an online store internationally, they are fundemantal features and not niceties.

Currently I have to process manually all international orders to VAT registered companies, anything international over 2kg as royal mail small packet ends there and then you need the volumetric weight, I am loosing out on reduced paypal costs as I have to use IPN so I dont get the discount and I have to put card payments through paypal manually as I can't switch on paypal payments pro.

What the hell is happening!?

• 2 months later...
Guest VicToMeyeZR

Has anyone had any luck with this yet? It's over a year now since the first post on this, people have opened tickets and still no fix for it and unless I am mistaken there has not been any work done towards fixing this now for a long time. I know my ticket was put on hold months ago and I was told the payment gateway module needed to be re-writen as it was starting to look like it was session related and trying to fix the existing module wasn't working.

So far I have a payment gateway that does not work, a tax system that cannot work for EU customers who are VAT registered and there is no way you can use cube cart to work out International shipping correctly as it cannot work with volumetric weight!

Those are a lot of limiting factors when running an online store internationally, they are fundemantal features and not niceties.

Currently I have to process manually all international orders to VAT registered companies, anything international over 2kg as royal mail small packet ends there and then you need the volumetric weight, I am loosing out on reduced paypal costs as I have to use IPN so I dont get the discount and I have to put card payments through paypal manually as I can't switch on paypal payments pro.

What the hell is happening!?

All I can say is this is pathetic. For $200 software, and they can't even FIX the most basic of gateways? I know I am tired of having to manually activate purchases, esp. since they charge so much for this piece of crap software.

• 3 months later...

Please can someone confirm whether this has been resolved yet? Our PayPal manager has asked us to turn on Express Checkout, however I pointed him to this thread showing why we weren't wanting to. PayPal are willing to look into the issue if it is a problem for multiple people, however Devellion sent them the following response:

No not to worry I'm pretty sure the solution is to upgrade their CubeCart store to the latest version. We have an upgrade service they can order if they are not confident doing it themselves. Otherwise they can submit a support ticket as the fault does not lay on PayPal's side. :)

My concern with this is that every previous upgrade has resulted in more bugs occuring on our store, not to mention that we have literally thousands of code changes on our cart and upgrading isn't so simple. "Pretty sure" isn't convincing enough for me as we literally lost thousands of pounds worth of orders when Express Checkout was previously turned on.

Is anyone here using the latest version of CubeCart still suffering from this issue?

• 5 months later...

Please can someone confirm whether this has been resolved yet? Our PayPal manager has asked us to turn on Express Checkout, however I pointed him to this thread showing why we weren't wanting to. PayPal are willing to look into the issue if it is a problem for multiple people, however Devellion sent them the following response:

No not to worry I'm pretty sure the solution is to upgrade their CubeCart store to the latest version. We have an upgrade service they can order if they are not confident doing it themselves. Otherwise they can submit a support ticket as the fault does not lay on PayPal's side. :)

My concern with this is that every previous upgrade has resulted in more bugs occuring on our store, not to mention that we have literally thousands of code changes on our cart and upgrading isn't so simple. "Pretty sure" isn't convincing enough for me as we literally lost thousands of pounds worth of orders when Express Checkout was previously turned on.

Is anyone here using the latest version of CubeCart still suffering from this issue?

There is no fix, they have no intention of fixing it and mostly tell people they are the only person having that problem... The last I info I got from Al was that the gateway needed to be rewritten, to my knowlage this hasn't been done.

I doubt this will ever be resolved, I wont be upgrading to CC5 due to the crappy support on a flaw in the most common of payment gateways.

Craig