The Perfect CubeCart

So, how long did it take you to get your CubeCart up and running with all the functions you wanted in it and the design just right?

Me... I've been working on my CubeCart for nearly a month now. I've added lots of mods (both free and purchased) and have done a lot of modifying as well. I didn't know php before this, but it's really not that hard once you get going. I'm sure I can't do anything major, but I've learned enough to do what I want so far.

My problem is, I'm nowhere near finished with my CubeCart design... Every time I make some modifications in one section, I find something else that needs some tweaking. My "to do" list keeps getting longer, instead of shorter. I'm sure that will change, evenutally, but the end is nowhere in sight.

I must say though, I'm having a lot of fun getting my CubeCart to look the way I envision it :wub: I hope to one day be able to post a link in the show off forum so everyone can have a look (and hopefully dish out some praise about the look and feel of it! ;) )

So how about you? How long did it take you to get *your* CubeCart?

There are still a few more functions that would be great for my set up butall-in-all I think that everything is nearing completion on getting my cart perfect for it's purpose on the user and and in the admin console.

I think the process has taken about a month...there were a few mods that I was waiting for, and they came just in time for me. i.e., affiliate mod and search by price mod which are awesome! ;)

I just purchased a template for my store design and I'm anxious to have it delivered so that I can install it and put the final touches on the store's look.

Still after that while it will be nearly perfect I know there's always going to be room for improvement. :wub:

I think it will always be an on-going process. The great thing about CubeCart is that you can be up and running "as-is" within a very short period of time. There is so much flexibility in the program that the improvements and modifications are almost endless. It's the tweaking and fine-tuning to acheive a custom look that requires the most work. But that's the fun part!

• 2 weeks later...

I am brand new at this and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I need to know how to change the look of CubeCart. Like, use my own logo and colors and stuff. I do not know PHP at all, this service came with the hosting service I bought. Thanks.

I dont think anyone is ever done with it... thats why the mods keep comming out.. I know thats why I make the mods... :-) anyways Its been over 30 days now live and running hard with 300 hits a day.. but still no buyers but I feel this is becuse the cart still looks out of the box...