Your opinion please

Guest rlicopoli

Just my 2 cents, but the big 'ads by google' box really detracts from the feel of the site. if you have to have the ads, then i've seen some sites with them in the right-hand column which looks much better.

IMHO

I agree about the google ad. And if you do have to keep it where it is, at least put some space between the Login | Register links and the banner. Right now, the ad is basically sitting right on the links.

I also agree about the red borders on your description pages. Making them the same blue as your category box borders would be better.

Also, your "Add to Favorites" and "Your Account" buttons are not legible. The text cannot be read through that dark red button you made. Maybe making the text bold, or bold and white would help.

And just in case you didn't notice.... you have a ">" mark at the top left corner of your home page.

Guest twisted

Not bad.

I didn't see it with the red borders, but I can imagine they clashed. The blue works well.

I need to work on the tl.gif and tr.gif a little more

Yes....you do. ;)

Agree with everything else suggested.

Guest rlicopoli

Great feedback. Thanks! It is the negative stuff that makes sites better. Any suggestions on how to make the tl.gif and tr.gif files better? I used photoshop to get them where they are now. Our site gets about 2,000 hits a day. For as much as I hate banner ads, we do make about $2 per day off of it.

I will try it in the column. Thanks again for the advice.

Looking better!

One other thing I just noticed is that in your left column, your "Products" table is wider than all of your other tables, throwing things off balance some. If I had to guess, I'd say it is because your "Membership/Application" product name is too long, forcing the width to be larger. To fix that, I think just putting a space after "Membership/" would allow "Application" to flow onto the next line. Then the width could constrict back to where it is supposed to be.