Shipping by Price.. no tax calculated

keat

Guys.

I previously posted this question in the wrong section, appolgies. <_<

I'm part way through configuring and building a CC3 store.

We offer free delivery on orders above £45, and a delivery charge of £4.50 under this figure.

I have CC configured to add carriage to orders under £45, which it's doing, however, it doesn't add tax to the carriage charges.

Effectively, tax is claculated before carriage is added on.

Are there any updates for this, or has anyone got any suggestions.. I've spent the best part of today, trying to find a solution

Thank You for your help

Guest fandango

There is a shipping mod "Shipping By Subtotal shipping module by convict" which might do what you need. Sorry but i cant link to it as its against the rules. But if you google that phrase you should find it.

Thanks.. I found the Mod you mentioned, however, It doesn't really solve the issue.

A customer will expect to see.. Products, +Carriage, +Tax = Total.

This mod shows in this order: Products +Tax +Carriage (inc tax) = Total.

Although the figures add up the same, as far as VAT goes, my customers will be unable to claim the VAT on carriage. as it shows carriage as a flat charge.

I need to show:

Products =10.00

Carriage =4.50

tax = £2.17

Total = 16.67

This mod shows

products = 10.00

tax = £1.50

Carriage =5.17

Total=16.67

Does this make sense ??

I'm happy to use the standard "Shipping by price" module, if I could only get it to calculate tax after shipping and not before.

I don't know anything about php coding, so trying to work around the issue myself, would be very time consuming.

I'm guessing no one has a definitive fix for this.

I've tried copying sections from one module in to another, but I'm getting all sorts of line errors, so I've now come to the conclusion, I can't resolve this myself.

I have 3 options as I see it.

Change our internal routines, so we don't charge Vat on carriage.. (Just as tricky), keep searching for a fix.. or drop cubecart in favour of another e-commerce solution.