Changes won't express on site

Guest mayday

Guest mayday

Hello all!

I'm in need of some help. I'm working on a standard cubecart website, and am currently attempting to change my templates. I've tried both modifying the templates provided by cubecart as well as adding new templates. I have tried changing even just the logo. So here is the problem, although I have named everything to a T, my changes will not show. They are changed in FileZilla, but not on explorer. This goes for modifying images and HTML. That being said, I feel like I could delete the whole template and it would still be there staring me in the face. <_< So if anyone could tell me where I've fallen off the beaten track I would be truly grateful!

Mayday

Guest shawdy

Hello all!

I'm in need of some help. I'm working on a standard cubecart website, and am currently attempting to change my templates. I've tried both modifying the templates provided by cubecart as well as adding new templates. I have tried changing even just the logo. So here is the problem, although I have named everything to a T, my changes will not show. They are changed in FileZilla, but not on explorer. This goes for modifying images and HTML. That being said, I feel like I could delete the whole template and it would still be there staring me in the face. <_< So if anyone could tell me where I've fallen off the beaten track I would be truly grateful!

Mayday

hello, i think cubecart 3 has 3 templates so you might have wrong template set as default? try dropping your new template files into all 3 folders..

With respect for the willingness to help, I have to say that the above answer is not well formed. It makes too many assumptions without any groundwork and glosses over the fix.

Here's what I believe is the problem - and the solution.

There are 3 default themes (skins) packed with CubeCart3. (Killer, Classic and Legend). When CC3 was installed, the theme was selected. You may have added a 3rd-party theme, too. It is common that the available themes are uploaded to the server and sit there, even if only one of them is actually used.

From your description, it sounds like to are editing one of the themes that is not active.

To confirm this out, go into your your CC Admin Control Panel > General Settings > Styles & Misc. > Skin

Select one of the other available skins and save the changes. Then look at your Store. You may have to do that for each of the available skins until you see that you are looking at whichever skin you have been editing, recognizable by some of the changes, such as the logo.

If that's the case, just make sure you are editing the desired skin. Take note that even though there may be great similarity of names of files in various skins, they actually are sufficiently different that one cannot sub for another.

Let us know if that works. If it doesn't, you should consider inviting one of the local gurus in these forums to look at your server.

Guest fandango

May sound daft but have you deleted your cookies etc etc refreshed etc etc on the browsers. I had a similar experience with Firefox, just turned out to be that.