When clicking buy.. CC3 jumps to item

keat

Maybe the title doesn't really explain.

Currently using CC3

When you enter into a product catagory, and see the list of products, there are 2 buttons on the right of each item.

"buy" & "more"

If you click the buy button, it will automatically add the part to your basket. (not a problem)

However, it then redirects you to the view mode of this item, where there is an "Add to basket" button at the bottom.

It's very easy, to not realise, by previously clicking the "buy" button, you've already added the item to your basket, so you could now inadvertantly click the "add to basket" button, thus ordering the same item twice.

I've done this in testing, a number of times, and questioned my own sanity.

Is there a way to overcome this.. Maybe configure CC3 so it doesn't redirect you to the item page, if you use the "buy" button.

Or maybe something along the line "This item is already added to your basket" message

Guest fandango

Hi Keat, me again!

I must admit i have had the same problem, the answer i think is in the root/includes/content/viewCat.inc.php file somewhere, however i am thinking of simply taking the "BUY" button out altogether as the descriptions are limited and no product options are in the viewCat page anyway.

I've already changed the "more" button to say "view" in the language file.. at least this makes it a little less confusing.

One of my business partners already has a basic website, which he paid to have done.

To be honest, it's no better than the one I'm doing.

I've just had a look to see how they did it.

It looks like they removed the "buy" button..

I might just follow suit.. !! now lets see if I can find the code

OK.. I found the code in ViewCat.tpl

It goes like this.

<!-- BEGIN: buy_btn -->

<input type="hidden" name="add" value="{PRODUCT_ID}" />

<input type="hidden" name="quan" value="1" />

<a href="java script:submitDoc('prod{PRODUCT_ID}');" target="_self" class="txtButton"> {BTN_BUY}

Remove this section from veiwCat.tpl, there is no longer a "buy" button.

Then in lang.inc.php, change the phrase 'more' => "More" to say something like 'more' => "Buy Now".

I now only have one button, which takes me to the view page, where I can order the product.