4.2.2 to 4.3.1, product options not added

http://wot-tech.com/shop/all/performance-3...ds/prod_66.html

If you add to cart with any of the options, only the base price will be in the cart. I have tried to go back to 4.2.2 but then I can no longer get into the admin panel. I have modified the store but even the stock files are doing this. I haven't tried a fresh install to compare the database but I am hoping someone can narrow it down some for me.

Yeah I gave up and managed to get the old database and old 4.22 setup back, and then importing the customers and orders from the new one. So the problem was never solved.

I tried new software, old database, and old software, new database and neither worked so I couldn't narrow anything down.

• 5 months later...
Guest hennaboy

This is an issue with upgrades from 4.2.x to 4.3.x until now ive avoided trying to upgrade as I simply do not have the time to look into the problem. However now that paypal are moving towards 3d secure I need to get on the 4.3 branch.

Product options are not being added. If anyone has a solution to this then please reply.

FYI. You can go through the entire checkout process and the option will show on the website. however looking in the admin section no optin and this was double checked in the database. No product option.

Tested on 4.3.0 and higher windows and linux servers.

• 1 month later...

This is an issue with upgrades from 4.2.x to 4.3.x until now ive avoided trying to upgrade as I simply do not have the time to look into the problem. However now that paypal are moving towards 3d secure I need to get on the 4.3 branch.

Product options are not being added. If anyone has a solution to this then please reply.

FYI. You can go through the entire checkout process and the option will show on the website. however looking in the admin section no optin and this was double checked in the database. No product option.

Tested on 4.3.0 and higher windows and linux servers.

Hi I am having this problem on my site: simply-gorgeous.co.uk

When I choose a product option the product adds to the cart without it..

It is a clean install, didnt upgrade or anything.. Can someone give me some advice?

Mike

• 1 month later...
Guest bodibuddie

^ I am having the same problem, and I tried it with a shipped skin and I can see the product option and it is getting passed, but I have to have a custom skin for this cart!! Anyway to make sure it works with a custom skin? That is probably a vague question. I based my skin on one that shipped, but it was an older incarnation of the 4.0 cart.

*ETA* I just tried a free skin that I got from Cube Cart Styles and it has the same issue, the product options are not being passed to the cart. I need to find info on what has changed in the skins, product options are really important for all of my clients!!!!

^ I am having the same problem, and I tried it with a shipped skin and I can see the product option and it is getting passed, but I have to have a custom skin for this cart!! Anyway to make sure it works with a custom skin? That is probably a vague question. I based my skin on one that shipped, but it was an older incarnation of the 4.0 cart.

*ETA* I just tried a free skin that I got from Cube Cart Styles and it has the same issue, the product options are not being passed to the cart. I need to find info on what has changed in the skins, product options are really important for all of my clients!!!!

But which version of CC was the free skin last tested with? the issue is purely a problem with the skin not being upgraded to the version of CubeCart you are using. If you have previous versions of v4 downloaded, compare viewProd.tpl on the shipped skins (or the change logs) to determine changes. The issue is to do with the product options section missing text between the square brackets... productOptions[] ... or similar wording.

Guest bodibuddie

^ I didn't know the issue was in the ViewProduct.tpl so I started with a copy of Kitablue and ported over all of my changes, testing after each page was changed and it was all working until I copied over the viewproduct.tpl and that is when it stopped working, so I just came back here to say that is where the issue was and only now saw your post. It's okay though, I had some other small issues that I cleared up while recreating the skin and I learn a lot every time I dig into a skin.

I had gotten a free skin that I mentioned before and I liked the layout of that view product page so I had copied most of that over to my skin. It must have been based off an older skin so I am going through that page right now to apply just the layout part of it I liked but to the current code. I have a friend whose store is doing the same thing, but I know I made that skin from much older skin as a base. But now I know I don't have to redo it all just that one section.

Thanks for the feedback, it confirms what I also found to be the issue! And I will look for the info between the brackets, that will also save me time knowing just where to look.