product status problem, Cubecart v3.0.18

Guest Miina6

Not sure what the problem is? You only have 1 product, the test one, in the store, so yes, it would be the same product number every time. So confused.

Guest Miina6

when u order the produkt the stock number is 1, but i want it to be 0 when a customer order the product.

or if its 3 in stock number and a customer byes one the number should be 2, but it is till 3....

(Stock Levels The stock level option is used when the next option 'Use Stock Level?' is set to 'yes'. Enter the amount of stock available and this will reduce each time a user purchases that product. )

sorry hard to explain in english :angry:

Ah okay. You have to change the order status to "completed" for it to deduct the item from the inventory I think. I don't really use the inventory/in stock feature, but I believe that is how it works.

Very Interesting. I see what you mean.

Test product 2 is showing as 3 in stock.

I just ordered all 3, and completed my order through to Postal form.

However, when I go back into the store, it still shows as having 3 in stock.

So I went and did the same on my test system, and guess what.. it does the same..

Having said that.. my test isn't clean, so I'll do a fresh install this afternoon, and let you know what happens

OK. this is what I found.

If you place an order.. then go into the admin section and view the same order.

It has a status of pending.. at this point, the items remain in stock.

If you change the status to completed.. the items remain in stock.

They only come out of stock when the status is changed to processing.

On my live system, I can see orders with a status of processing, and these have had no interaction from me.

So the only thing I can come up with is this..

Something in the payment process changes the order status from pending to processing.. at this point, the items come out of stock. If you skip this step, then the items remain in stock.