thunmbnails pixellated

keat

Guys.

My thumbnail images are really pixellated.

when you enter into a product, the image is nice a clear, just the thumbnails are very poor.

From what I can see, the thumbnails are reduced in size to become a thumbnail, but then the cubecart enlarges this thunmbnail image to make it look really poor.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Guest ballesdegolf.fr

Guys.

when you enter into a product, the image is nice a clear, just the thumbnails are very poor.

From what I can see, the thumbnails are reduced in size to become a thumbnail, but then the cubecart enlarges this thunmbnail image to make it look really poor.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

In your Admin control panel choose General settings - then near the bottom you will find Image settings - the last setting here should be something like image quailty and then under it 60-80 recommended - set the figure here to say 80 and save settings (at the bottom of the page) You will need to delete the image from the product page and then add it back from your uploads folder.

Hope this helps

Jim

Guys.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

In your Admin control panel choose General settings - then near the bottom you will find Image settings - the last setting here should be something like image quailty and then under it 60-80 recommended - set the figure here to say 80 and save settings (at the bottom of the page) You will need to delete the image from the product page and then add it back from your uploads folder.

Hope this helps

Jim

I tried all this.. even tried increasing the image quality to 999, but it still does the same.

It looks like it's something to do with the ArwenBlue skin that I'm using. If I switch back to the classic skin, the thumbnails look OK. I have a way to overcome this.. but it's not ideal.

Copy the images into the thumbs folder, and rename them.. seems to work. But only after modifying the product

Guest cartpauj

I'm also using the ArwenBlue theme and you can tell a difference in this picture and the thumb next to it. The thumb definitely looks blurry.

Guest cartpauj

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the theme only uses the images that CC creates so the bad thumbs would be a CC problem?

Guest cartpauj

So I did a check and I was wrong. The theme is resizing the images to fit within its bounds so to fix this I just deleted all my images and set my thumbnail size to 110 and max image size to 250 with quality set to 80. Then reloaded the images and it has made a world of difference. Hope that helps!

So I did a check and I was wrong. The theme is resizing the images to fit within its bounds so to fix this I just deleted all my images and set my thumbnail size to 110 and max image size to 250 with quality set to 80. Then reloaded the images and it has made a world of difference. Hope that helps!

I tried this and they still look pretty poor compared to using say the classic skin