Customer Log In

Guest soulmanmtl

Guest soulmanmtl

I have just noticed something that wasnt happening before.

I logged in ym customer account on ym site to make a test about something completly different and I realsied that when i log in, all fine, im logged in and all. But then, as soon as i click on a link, it gets me there but logs me out of the account. If i go see the product, i still see the product but im not log in the account anymore. If I try to see my account details, it will say that i need to be logged in to see them and then have to log again.

Only changes I did is having logos for paymen t gateway. So thats irrevelant. Other one I did was to turn the captcha. So thought might be the reason so I turned them off, but its still doing it. Used that account many times before for tests and never happened.

TIA

I logged in ym customer account on ym site to make a test about something completly different and I realsied that when i log in, all fine, im logged in and all. But then, as soon as i click on a link, it gets me there but logs me out of the account. If i go see the product, i still see the product but im not log in the account anymore. If I try to see my account details, it will say that i need to be logged in to see them and then have to log again.

Only changes I did is having logos for paymen t gateway. So thats irrevelant. Other one I did was to turn the captcha. So thought might be the reason so I turned them off, but its still doing it. Used that account many times before for tests and never happened.

TIA

I've had some customers of late, especially today, notify me they were having the same problem. Hope we get some insight from someone!

Guest soulmanmtl

TIA

I've had some customers of late, especially today, notify me they were having the same problem. Hope we get some insight from someone!

You mind letting me know if u get to solve that?

Cheers

Guest soulmanmtl

And do you guys having this problem as well that seemed to appear at the same time but i just noticed last night. You cant proccess to payment anymore? I tried even buying stuff as a guest. All fine, but when i get to the oage to fill the details for billoing and delivery, after i click to carry on at the bottom, it gets me back to the paghe where its asking to login/create account, carry on without account or continue to shop.

Any ideas?? Really desesperate here as I was FINALLY ready to launch this week and here that thing happens.

Will go have a look now at my bug report I did and keep you updated, but i doubt any news from there, been few days and never had a response.

Guest soulmanmtl

fyi.... someone told me its a kind of a loop they cant figure out how to fix but just so you guys know....i cleared the cache and now its all good on IE and barely neevr happens in Firefox. Worst case, just leave a note for your client that if the experience this problem, to switch to IE. Ill keep updated if a better solution shows up.

Guest sexyinlace

This may sound silly,

I too had the logging problem this week. As it turns out I updated both IE and Firefox this week, and came to realize that somehow the forms on one of them is a bit wonky (it had a mind of its own) and my session time was cleared. May be too obvious, but I don't have the problem anymore. I only say this because I own 2 sites and the other did not have a problem because I addressed the forms issue previous to logging in to my other site.

Regards All!

• 5 months later...
Guest petemasson

I've just discovered this problem, and the bug fix doesn't seem to have helped. I'm running 4.3.1-pl1.

Yesterday, I changed my router to a Vigor 2820n, and also got a set of 8 IP addresses from my ISP, rather than my one fixed IP address. It looks like the IP address that I'm reporting is changing between the IP aliases that I have set up.

I guess the sessions are dropping for me because the reported IP address keeps changing?

Is there any way I can fix this? I'm probably going to upgrade to the latest, but I'm guessing that may not fix it as it looks like the bug fix doesn't fix it.

Cheers,

Pete

Guest Roger Huston

I would hope that no one fixes this as I do not see that it is a problem. I mean talk about a security hole. Imagine users being able to spoof other users sessions as the webserver no longer checked for IP, OMG.

I think I would contact your router company and see if you can maintain a persistence state through your router.

- Roger