site asking for pass word ..."user backups"

Guest mlsalters

Guest mlsalters

Hi,

to any opne that can help. after days of fighting to get past the php.ini problem with godaddy.com not that i have got everything loaded , when i type in my url waxgoggles.com I get the message below...

{A username and password are being requested by http://waxgoggles.com. The site says: "User Backups"}

... when i enter the username and password i created for the admin it is rejected. is this a different password and username or what? how can i reset it or reconfig it?

little help?

Guest mlsalters

I dont think that is a problem with cubecart. Can you access your server through ftp? If so check what files are there apart from the cubecart installation.

Hi,

Thanks, I did check the files everything in thereis cubecart files. I contacted godaddy and they say its not on there end. I am really stuck because i have no idea what could be causing this. it makes no sence that you cannot access any part of the site at all with out thios request. i think maybe something was uploaded wrong or out of place but i dont know enough about coding top know what to look for.

Presuming this is a fresh install of a new store I would start again, remove all the Cubecart files then create a file with notepad called index.html with some text like 'hello' on it, upload that and when you navigate to your url it should show as your website. If you still get this log in box then something on your server is the culprit, maybe a htaccess file or something is redirecting to that log in request.