Local Pickup Feature?Box Fee?

Guest musaulker

Guest musaulker

Hello,

I have a cubecart website. I have 2 questions;

How can I do these requests? Does cubecart includes such features or do I need a custom development?

#1 - Need a new shipping method that allows a customer to choose "Local Pickup" as a menu item for no shipping and handling costs.

#2 - Need to add a "Box Fee" that charges customer $12 for handling with Free Shipping.

Your regards,

i agree with you. this should be in cubecart. I personally spent the $170 for the key.. I feel stuff like this should be offered free of charge.

Chances are, they "cubecart staff" will point you to a 3rd party company that will charge you $25.00 for this mod, when it should be already included with cubecart.

• 1 month later...

I know it's a little late, but if you haven't found a module yet and need a "quick fix". You can do the following:

1. Enable the Free Shipping module.

2. Open modules/shipping/Free_Shipping/calc.php

3. Edit line 42:

Default:

$shippingPrice .= ">".$lang['misc']['free']." (".priceFormat("0.00").")</option>\r\n";

Change to:

$shippingPrice .= ">Local Pickup (".priceFormat("0.00").")</option>\r\n";

4. Open language/{your language}/lang.inc.php

5. Search and replace the 2 instances of "Free Shipping" to "Local Pickup". Save and upload the modified files and there ya go!

Hope this helps! Remember to BACKUP before trying this of course. ;)