Upgrade to 4.3.1 from 4.2.2

Guest jonnyD

Guest jonnyD

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade my store from 4.2.2 to the latest 4.3.1. I was wondering if anyone knows of a walk through on how I can do this? Or if anyone has any information i might want to know before I start this setup. I did not setup the store so I am not sure how this work. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Before you start take a full backup of all the files and the database, keep that safe in case you need to restore it. After you download the new version there is a file in the package called "read me.txt" with instructions, open this with wordpad.

Do you have any mods or modified files, are you using a standard skin?

If there are no mods the upgrade is quiet simple, you just upload all the new files to your server overwriting the original files and then navigate to your domain/setup and select upgrade.

Hi Jonny

As Ausy has said if you have no mods at all, it is pretty straight forward, but backup, backup and backup again !!

If you do have mods, then these would be lost during the upgrade and would need to be re-installed. Whether you feel capable of doing that yourself or not, only you can know that. If you have taken good backups then the worst that can happen is that you have some down time and have to restore all the files and the database. If you dont feel capable, there are plenty of people that can do it for a fee - how much that fee is will be dependant on how many mods you have installed, which ones they are, whether you still have all the code for them and whether the mods themselves have been tested and are compliant with 4.3.1

Best of luck

Ian